The U.S. Should Become Part of Canada

The U.S. Should Become Part of Canada

Postby Milton » Aug 12, 2005 1:43 am

Many creative Canadians and Americans can see the potential of a combined country composed of the Union of Canada and the U.S. The problem is mostly that the national pride of Canadians keeps getting in the way. They are just turned off by the idea of Canadian Provinces becoming American States. They know that once such a merger occurred they would be treated just like any other Americans. Well I have come up with the perfect solution. Let's do it the other way around. America becomes part of Canada. Canada gets 50 new Provinces, and 300 million more people. Canada also becomes the richest, and most powerful country on Earth, and maybe the richest and most powerful nation in Human history. Now since Canada would own America, we might decide to call our new combined country the Canadian Provinces of America, (Canada for short), with "America" referring to the Continent--not the former country. Also since Canada would now own everything pertaining to the former United States of America, we could adopt the Constitution of the former U.S. as the new Canadian Constitution, so that we could have the founding document which had made the U.S. such a formidable neighbor in the first place. Americans would have to get used to calling themselves Canadians, and current Canadians would have to get used to making more money, and being hated, feared, and envied by the rest of the World. Later on we could do the same thing with Australia, when we Canadians would have to get used to calling ourselves Australians to assuage their national pride.---Milton
Milton
Supporter

The United and Canadian States of North America

Postby TWforA » Aug 12, 2005 1:59 am

Why don't we just abolish both countries and form one big new one. It would have a new capitol, a new flag, and a new constitution.
TWforA

Postby NeoNewEnglander » Aug 12, 2005 11:04 am

I'd do it, but for the usual dumb reasons it would never fly here, even with the US Constitution in place (like 30 million voters could stop 290 million voters on this anyway). Too much of our pride is caught up in symbols and flags and names rather than in principles and ideals. Americans would give up the latter before the former.
"The first duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government."
NeoNewEnglander
Supporter

Postby USCAdad » Aug 12, 2005 11:11 am

John Wayne must be rolling in his grave.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
USCAdad

Postby Foxfire » Aug 12, 2005 11:30 am

Why not? Because the way the current Canadian government is set up, American politics would canabalize the country shortly before it tore itself apart in regional squables. I don't mean, Canadian vs america. I mean east vs west. north vs south. Hawaii vs the rest. I have not seen any evidence the government can contain the fierce regional rivalries the US has when it can't even get ahold of its softer squables going on since its inception. When someone in the US dislikes their government a few whine, and the loons talk of moving. In Canada, they talk of succession with a lot more serious attitude than you ever see in the US. This includes Quebec, and stop saying its different, because it is Canada, they have not shown signs of controlling it, just playing favorites. But if we merged under the Canadian system, it would be California ruling the roost.

Australia's government is more adept at handling itself but thats because it hedges closer to the US style of government than does Canada's.
Foxfire
Supporter

Postby Milton » Aug 13, 2005 12:05 am

It surprizes me that some of you seem to have taken me seriously. I wrote this article just for fun.---Milton
Milton
Supporter

Postby Foxfire » Aug 13, 2005 12:37 am

Milton wrote:It surprizes me that some of you seem to have taken me seriously. I wrote this article just for fun.---Milton

Yeah, but its fun to reply to it as well. Course I coulda said we should make the lower southwest states miniQuebecs to recognize the conquered mexican heritate and make spanish a third language. Then make Hawaiian the 4rth language for the same reasons, another miniQuebec. Would it not be fun. :D
Foxfire
Supporter

Postby Milton » Aug 13, 2005 1:52 am

In your scenario, if English is the first language, and Spanish is the third, then what is the second? Before answering, bear in mind that, at least according to what I've heard, Chinese speakers now outnumber both French and German speakers.---Milton
Milton
Supporter

Postby Monorprise » Aug 13, 2005 2:39 am

Tell me, why on earth would, the US(The American people) want to abandon everything we have, to become part of a country that is even now tearing itself apart? Is that not surfside?
I mean lets be honest here, the USA is working, Canada quite frankly given its long history, is not working and only getting worse! Why would any slain person want to abandon that which works for that which has proven to be perpetually on the bring of civil war? Why would anyone want to submit to an unelected head of state? Why would anyone want to summit to just being able to effectively elect 1 man or woman, woman representing both their own interest with in their nation, and their nation?s interest itself?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to abandon a 200+ year old working system that does and has stood for the basic liberty and justices for all, for that of a system which is normally tearing it self apart, and allows a significant political minority to become what is effectively a dictator, to the exclusion of the rights of all other minorities?

I?m sorry to offend you Canadian nationalist liberals here, but I just don?t see any American in his or her own informed right mind even considering this prospect as the least be sane. If the situation was reversed you would have valid and just point, but as its not.
Those of us who are not willing to do whatever it takes to defend freedom from any Tyranny will be and indeed Should be themselves dammed to lose it!
Monorprise
Opponent

Postby joahob » Aug 13, 2005 3:13 am

"Surfside?"
Near the seashore?

"Slain person?"
The enclosure in which the citizens were mustered prior to casting their vote was known as the ovile, which literally means "sheep-pen".
joahob
Opponent

Postby Milton » Aug 13, 2005 6:19 am

You'll have to forgive Monorprise. He's doing the best that he can with what he has to work with.---Milton
Milton
Supporter

Postby Vicomte13 » Aug 13, 2005 12:06 pm

Perhaps more to the point, Monorprise's basic premise is correct.
It makes no sense to abandon the American system for the Canadian, and for the reasons he said, too.
Aure entuluva.
Vicomte13
Supporter

Postby joahob » Aug 13, 2005 1:57 pm

Yes the American system is far superior. I agree with Mono.
If only Canada could adopt a few reforms...we would be a great nation again.
The enclosure in which the citizens were mustered prior to casting their vote was known as the ovile, which literally means "sheep-pen".
joahob
Opponent

Postby Monorprise » Aug 13, 2005 6:28 pm

Milton wrote:You'll have to forgive Monorprise. He's doing the best that he can with what he has to work with.---Milton

thankyou :D
Those of us who are not willing to do whatever it takes to defend freedom from any Tyranny will be and indeed Should be themselves dammed to lose it!
Monorprise
Opponent

Postby Foxfire » Aug 14, 2005 3:40 am

Milton wrote:In your scenario, if English is the first language, and Spanish is the third, then what is the second? Before answering, bear in mind that, at least according to what I've heard, Chinese speakers now outnumber both French and German speakers.---Milton

Milton , the 2nd would of course be the already established French language of the actual Quebec.[/i]
Foxfire
Supporter

Postby NeoNewEnglander » Aug 14, 2005 9:41 pm

Again, it's pointless to argue which system is better, unless the Canadian constitution is so restrictive that a 90% ex-American majority couldn't rewrite it in their former republic's image. It'd end up being just like the American government, only we probably wouldn't hear any more nonsense about flag burning legislation if we flew the maple leaf. So in fact it'd be a tiny smidgeon better.
"The first duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government."
NeoNewEnglander
Supporter

Postby Foxfire » Aug 15, 2005 12:38 am

Till the vote to replace that to. Gotta love a parliament where the states with the population rule right? Might as well call the new nation miniCalifornia.
Foxfire
Supporter

Postby Monorprise » Aug 15, 2005 2:33 am

Foxfire wrote:
Milton wrote:In your scenario, if English is the first language, and Spanish is the third, then what is the second? Before answering, bear in mind that, at least according to what I've heard, Chinese speakers now outnumber both French and German speakers.---Milton

Milton , the 2nd would of course be the already established French language of the actual Quebec.[/i]

I don?t know, if the proud, if somewhat arrogant Spanish speakers that exist in the south west would be too happy with that. while still the over whelming majority of this state speaks English their is a growing population of Spanish speakers, and Spanish "nationalist" if you would call them that pretend to want to be the heads and reprehensive of the "Hispanic" community which is of course absurd of any ethic group, but hay that doesn?t stop them from trying to clam and establish themselves as that. Anyway they are insisting on Spanish becoming institutionalized, drawing on the larger immigration population and the relatively small Spanish rural community, left over from the Spanish occupation of this area for support. As well as mainly the Democratic Party and to some extent the Republican Party as well. A lot of it is simply political correctness, and it makes no senses since all the government documents including the state Constitution, are written in mainly English. And if you are going to function in this nation, including this state! You got to know English! I don?t care what the Hispanic ?group leaders? are telling their people. I?m sorry that?s just not going to work, in the real world. this state and it?s region if it wants to be successful just like every other part of the world, has to be able to integrating with the rest of the country. Ill tell you if the New Mexico state legislator tomorrow decided to make a state official language tomorrow; like Governor Billy had said, and make it Spanish, which is really a miss conception, 88-99% of the state would still speak English, because most people don?t know Spanish at all!
The point I?m trying to make here, is despite the fact that Spanish is not really the language of the vast majority of this region, the liberal politics here, would probably insist that it be that language and equal to that of French in Qu?bec. Even thou to be frank with you we have no real historical clam to that stand. As New Mexico and the south west of the many, many language which you mite call at some point native here, English is and has been a majority for like 100 years at least.
And that being but a small issues in the list of reasons why the US doesn?t have an official language which I think it should have to administrative and instructional proposes. The main one is in fact the 1st amendment, which guarantees the right to freedom of speech which many believe does actual mean free speech in any language. So as it has historically, this aspect of American society is more determent and controlled by other means such as economic of language, culture, ect, which is probably the way it should be. In any even, if say New Mexico, or California, did decide to do duel languages and then later to mandate all road signs be in both languages that cost would be incumbent upon the states not the federal government. as road signes are made and payed for almost exclusively by the state, and local governments. Via a variety of means, which of course varies widely from state to state.
Monorprise
Opponent

Re: The U.S. Should Become Part of Canada

Postby Milton » Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I hope The_Animal will have read and enjoyed this article. Please note the date. I wrote it in jest, but what the hell, I'd go for it in reality too. I'm a nationalist at heart---but my nationalism is all about the whole English Speaking World, including Canada. Please read my article entitled "The United English Speaking States".---Milton
"A true friend is not a rubber stamp" - Milton
"The best measure of your religion is the kind of person it has made you." - Milton
Milton
Supporter

Return to Archive