Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Re: Canada

Postby Americalex » Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Bearsy wrote:make me do all the work

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6721&p=125029

lots of great songs posted by that lester guy

No actually I meant: contact the Diamond Rings guy to show him this Canada thread.

----

Canada provides the framework for other nations joining in the future, especially Quebec can define the precedent and shape through which mutual accommodation can occur for petitioning states outside the immediate anglosphere. I agree with Ee- that over time, this growth could expand to encompass other regions as they develop and become compatible in enough ways to generate a mutual interest and significant impetus/desire for sovereign annexation, between concerned nations and an eUSA.

I was talking with my parents yesterday and they agreed that Quebec, Sweden, Norway and a couple of other nations could form a single country right off the bat and things would be very natural and functional. That's the potential I see for really uniting the West under the Aegis of the premise on which the United States was founded. And Canada is that domino that can start a trend that will change mankind's path forever.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Aug 16, 2012 1:34 pm

you're his fan; you can contact him
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Bearsy wrote:you're his fan; you can contact him

I tried contacting Chuck Norris once, but no luck.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby NWDave83 » Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm

you don't contact Chuck Norris..... he Cont..... aw hell, you have already heard em all...
NWDave83
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Aug 16, 2012 10:31 pm

NWDave83 wrote:you don't contact Chuck Norris..... he Cont..... aw hell, you have already heard em all...

A poisonous snake once bit Chuck Norris: after 3 days of excruciating pain and agony, it died.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby FreeSlave » Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

Americalex wrote:
NWDave83 wrote:you don't contact Chuck Norris..... he Cont..... aw hell, you have already heard em all...

A poisonous snake once bit Chuck Norris: after 3 days of excruciating pain and agony, it died.

Chuck Norris died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him.
"With the President holding the American economy hostage, I would prefer to think of myself as a Freedom Fighter." - Rand Paul

The Christian Church is like a nail, the harder you hit, the deeper you drive it in. - Joseph Stalin
FreeSlave
Supporter

Postby NWDave83 » Aug 17, 2012 4:21 pm

chuck norris wears ribbed condoms inside out.......... so he gets the pleasure.
NWDave83
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Aug 17, 2012 10:36 pm

NWDave83 wrote:chuck norris wears ribbed condoms inside out.......... so he gets the pleasure.

Chuck my Norris! 8-)
Americalex
Supporter

Postby NWDave83 » Aug 19, 2012 5:16 pm

lol
NWDave83
Supporter

Postby Ee- » Nov 17, 2012 5:52 am

Updated map of Canada:

*Put the territories back instead of combined as a state of Yukon. Northwest Territories really needs to get a name for itself.

*Made Ontario red, since I previously used the Northwest Territories shade of blue.

Very minor changes:
*Gave the Prince Edward Island portion of Acadia a little bit of extra definition at the bottom.
*Made Acadia a slightly darker purple.
Some examples - (I have other alternate versions)
Canada: http://tinyurl.com/cdbfxn3
UK & Ireland: http://tinyurl.com/uk9sts
Caribbean: http://tinyurl.com/carribea
Mexico: http://tinyurl.com/mex12us
Central America: http://tinyurl.com/cnt6us
Ee-
Supporter

Postby Lord Don-Jam » Nov 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Ee- wrote:Updated map of Canada:

Other then PRI I like it but I know why you did it. The map makes a lot of sense.
Fiat justitia ruat caelum - Let justice be done though the heavens fall
Lord Don-Jam
Observer

Postby Milton » Nov 17, 2012 11:17 pm

I really don't know what to think about all this redrawing of the map of Canada---and in any case I consider it an internal Canadian matter, thus none of my business as an American---but I do have one observation. Due to global warming, the northern areas of Canada are likely to grow in population in the future. I'd be careful about redrawing the map if I were a Canadian. I'd also be careful about negotiating with the U.S. on any sort of statehood deals without studying the potential effects of global warming and subsequent population movements. This global warming that all the liberals and environmentalist wackos have their drawers in a knot over may be a great thing for Canada. Imagine all that land up there ice-free for the first time in centuries. Yeah I know it would be a bad deal for polar bears---but its coming---maybe they could be moved to Antarctica. Anyway it is probably gonna happen. Liberals always get hysterical about any kind of change in the environment, and assume that it's a disaster, but climate change has been happening for at least millions of years, and is a natural part of life on our planet. BTW, its funny how these same liberals think practically any other kind of change is automatically a wonderful thing. But as I said, global warming is probably occurring anyway, so we might as well try to make the best of it.---Milton
"A true friend is not a rubber stamp" - Milton
"The best measure of your religion is the kind of person it has made you." - Milton
Milton
Supporter

Postby Lord Don-Jam » Nov 18, 2012 3:30 am

Milton wrote:I really don't know what to think about all this redrawing of the map of Canada---and in any case I consider it an internal Canadian matter, thus none of my business as an American---but I do have one observation. Due to global warming, the northern areas of Canada are likely to grow in population in the future. I'd be careful about redrawing the map if I were a Canadian. I'd also be careful about negotiating with the U.S. on any sort of statehood deals without studying the potential effects of global warming and subsequent population movements. This global warming that all the liberals and environmentalist wackos have their drawers in a knot over may be a great thing for Canada. Imagine all that land up there ice-free for the first time in centuries. Yeah I know it would be a bad deal for polar bears---but its coming---maybe they could be moved to Antarctica. Anyway it is probably gonna happen. Liberals always get hysterical about any kind of change in the environment, and assume that it's a disaster, but climate change has been happening for at least millions of years, and is a natural part of life on our planet. BTW, its funny how these same liberals think practically any other kind of change is automatically a wonderful thing. But as I said, global warming is probably occurring anyway, so we might as well try to make the best of it.---Milton

Most of the land up north is too poor to make good farm land, so it will never be a Kansas, or even a Wyoming, of the North. Good farm land or big cities are the only reasons that people move in any real numbers. Canada is not going to build cities there and the land is too poor, therefore there will no big movement of people there.
Lord Don-Jam
Observer

Postby Windwalker » Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Canada is not going to build cities there and the land is too poor, therefore there will no big movement of people there.

Also, Hudson bay has so much fresh water running into it that it has a layer of fresh water on the top and sea water underneath. This causes it to not only freeze pre-maturely every year, but to have very little fish compared to the rest of the world.

Schemes have been dreamed up to route the majority of this fresh water to the Great Lakes, but there are fears that the increased time that the bay remaines navigable would also effect the weather patterns in the entire northern region including the currents in the north Atlantic.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Milton » Nov 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm not a scientist or an engineer, so I don't know much about things like re-routing rivers etc. But from time to time I read or hear about some far-fetched schemes to do some mega engineering such as widening and deepening the Bering Strait so as to increase the flow of water through it, thus warming the Arctic---something once considered a good thing. Of course now the environmentalists would have a cow. And they might be right...There's no telling how warming up the Arctic might affect ocean currents, etc. I have more recently heard about the idea of the U.S. and Russia building a railroad bridge over the same Strait to link up Alaska with Siberia. I suppose that would mean the Americans and Russians had decided that peaceful cooperation is better than fighting. As for how poor the land is in the Arctic, I wouldn't know what is under all that ice. Who knows what some more warmth would do to the soil up there? Where I live now the land is mostly desert, but just get a little water on the dirt here and its amazing what you can grow. Maybe it will be the same way when the Arctic warms up.---Milton
"A true friend is not a rubber stamp" - Milton
"The best measure of your religion is the kind of person it has made you." - Milton
Milton
Supporter

Postby Lord Don-Jam » Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm

But we do know what is under all that ice because first most of it is not under any ice at all and second it’s been looked into time and again, not the least by the Canadian Government. The soil just is not up to it and is not going to be in any time in the next few centuries at best, most likely a thousand years for even the best prospecting parts under the best scenarios.
Lord Don-Jam
Observer

Previous

Return to Archive