The HTTPS challenge

The HTTPS challenge

Postby Americalex » Sep 14, 2016 11:57 am

Google chrome has announced that they will flag websites that aren't secure starting in January 2017, which poses a soft threat to this website, as I don't think I have a strategy or path to convert it all seemlessly. For now I will leave it is as is, as I am well occupied by other manners and have somewhat not cared much for staying up to date with the realm of web design, only minimally injecting myself so as to be able to get something up and running.
Americalex
Supporter

Re: The HTTPS challenge

Postby Bearsy » Sep 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Move to reddit!
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Sep 15, 2016 8:11 am

Bearsy wrote:Move to reddit!

It may well be a genius idea of the century, I will definitely consider it! Ideally I would be able to embed here to replace the phpbb, and still control some form of structure.. which might open up to a much vaster crowd for discussion, and allow tons of folks to participate without ever visiting the website.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Oct 24, 2017 8:45 pm

you should reserve /r/annexation ...
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Oct 25, 2017 9:35 am

I'll look into reserving and activating it, the closed phpbb approach is way too legacy at this point.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Nuke » Nov 14, 2017 1:02 am

Reddit sucks but yeah you should probably reserve it. What's the "closed phpbb approach" supposed to mean?
Nuke
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Nov 14, 2017 10:10 am

Phpbb is closed in the sense that you need to have a native registration to sign up and participate, this is way too old school. if phpbb had a login through google+, facebook and twitter... things could explode and we would be able to keep our ability to embed videos of all sources easily. Whichever solution comes next, it needs to have an integrated feature to allow login using those core social apis.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Nuke » Nov 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Americalex wrote:Phpbb is closed in the sense that you need to have a native registration to sign up and participate, this is way too old school. if phpbb had a login through google+, facebook and twitter... things could explode and we would be able to keep our ability to embed videos of all sources easily. Whichever solution comes next, it needs to have an integrated feature to allow login using those core social apis.

Man, I'm old-school already...
Nuke
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm

We all have our vintage, I see at the office all the time, old-school is not automatically lesser in grace and capability, we've seen backward moves under the guise of forwardliness :D
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Nuke » Nov 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Americalex wrote:We all have our vintage, I see at the office all the time, old-school is not automatically lesser in grace and capability, we've seen backward moves under the guise of forwardliness :D

I agree. Especially about the last part.
Nuke
Supporter

Return to Community