Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Re: Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Postby Americalex » Feb 08, 2018 10:27 am

Turns out they are going to shut it down, they say the problem only became worst in spite of the attempts I made to ban those IPs. The guess is they simply switched to other IPs and continued the spam. So now the host wants me to shift to a 500$ dedicated hosting plan which will not happen so I guess this means the site is going to end up shuttered pretty soon. I'll find another host basically. Gotta copy the whole folders down this evening when I get home so that eventually we can resume this.

I'm thinking of starting from scratch using the new google sites, it works with an easy embed of google groups and that could serve as basis for going forward. The death of Annexation.ca, I'm thinking of probably using a new domain name instead, and the focus and mission will be different but act as an evolution out of the experiences had here! With an eye on keeping the new form a pleasant hangout spot for those who like to linger on the lesser threaded paths of internet interactivity! It's been a nice ride and this is a memorable way to go down in flames, no regrets!
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Feb 10, 2018 11:17 am

Sounds like the hosting company is doing this...just so you'd cough up the $500 (or more).
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
~~George Orwell

"[A] nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
~~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 10, 2018 11:38 am

It could be indeed the case, hence why no matter what I've decided to seek other arrangements.

If the site does go down and you wonder how to followup, the facebook page will still be online so you can message me there or I will post guidance on where to recoup.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby -MM- » Feb 11, 2018 12:48 am

What is the focus and the difference in the mission going forward, Alex?
-MM-
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am

In a world awash with criticism and cynicism, the new mission will focused almost exclusively on proposing solutions, in every aspect of government, with a focus on the political system itself rather than the issues, with some drastic out of the box innovative thinking, with a fictional united Canada and the United States serving as the notional kernel for how such concepts could be applied.
Americalex
Supporter

Previous

Return to Community