Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Re: Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Postby Americalex » Feb 08, 2018 10:27 am

Turns out they are going to shut it down, they say the problem only became worst in spite of the attempts I made to ban those IPs. The guess is they simply switched to other IPs and continued the spam. So now the host wants me to shift to a 500$ dedicated hosting plan which will not happen so I guess this means the site is going to end up shuttered pretty soon. I'll find another host basically. Gotta copy the whole folders down this evening when I get home so that eventually we can resume this.

I'm thinking of starting from scratch using the new google sites, it works with an easy embed of google groups and that could serve as basis for going forward. The death of Annexation.ca, I'm thinking of probably using a new domain name instead, and the focus and mission will be different but act as an evolution out of the experiences had here! With an eye on keeping the new form a pleasant hangout spot for those who like to linger on the lesser threaded paths of internet interactivity! It's been a nice ride and this is a memorable way to go down in flames, no regrets!
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Feb 10, 2018 11:17 am

Sounds like the hosting company is doing this...just so you'd cough up the $500 (or more).
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 10, 2018 11:38 am

It could be indeed the case, hence why no matter what I've decided to seek other arrangements.

If the site does go down and you wonder how to followup, the facebook page will still be online so you can message me there or I will post guidance on where to recoup.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby -MM- » Feb 11, 2018 12:48 am

What is the focus and the difference in the mission going forward, Alex?
-MM-
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am

In a world awash with criticism and cynicism, the new mission will focused almost exclusively on proposing solutions, in every aspect of government, with a focus on the political system itself rather than the issues, with some drastic out of the box innovative thinking, with a fictional united Canada and the United States serving as the notional kernel for how such concepts could be applied.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 27, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm thinking, a youtube channel with audio discussion of various topics providing a completely alternative narrative for people to espouse, in a comprehensive way as thoroughly as possible, complemented by a discord channel where discussions can happen, embedded in a website that takes kind of second stage.

They seem to not be shutting the thing down so far, and haven't responded to my reply at all since i mentioned I would not be taking their 500$ plan and it was okay to delete the web hosting. Also they seem to have cut down the spam traffic at least for now. Either way the degrading global situation and this event is making me seriously contemplate shifting over anyway.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Mar 01, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah they keep sending me hits of IPs to ban and I'm adding them as they come, last month they show 2.5 million hits from about 20 IPs. Definitely going to just retire this legacy software, it's outlived its life cycle.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Nuke » Mar 11, 2018 3:16 pm

I've been developing a free forum host--a shame I couldn't have it done before this. You should back the forum up--when does it get taken down?
Nuke
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Mar 12, 2018 10:30 am

I did a backup not long ago but so far they haven't "pulled the trigger", I told them to go ahead and it just became radio silence since then. It's cool that you're working on one maybe we can use it once it becomes available later! Meanwhile worst case scenario I will retrieve the posts from the database and ideally extract them all into some kind of emulated output that could be a giant scroll like an ebook or something lol
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Nuke » Apr 22, 2018 11:18 pm

Americalex wrote:I did a backup not long ago but so far they haven't "pulled the trigger", I told them to go ahead and it just became radio silence since then. It's cool that you're working on one maybe we can use it once it becomes available later! Meanwhile worst case scenario I will retrieve the posts from the database and ideally extract them all into some kind of emulated output that could be a giant scroll like an ebook or something lol

Well, I guess they realized they weren't going to make any money hassling you. That's good.
Nuke
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Apr 23, 2018 1:30 pm

It certainly does look the part. It kind of cold showered my perception of that host, I was under the impression that they were industrial grade professional hosting, but this whole thing seeded a doubt that it was perhaps all a setup, in turn making me consider switching to something else.

Fortunately for now the forums are still operating normally, which is indeed good.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Apr 23, 2018 6:39 pm

My thought on this whole incident is it was just a matter of course. The subject matter and the fact that there are peeps from multiple countries participating in the conversation is an automatic-monitoring criteria. It was most likely just a specific combination of verbs, adverbs, proper names, and nouns in the same post somewhere along the conversation that triggered a security computer to to download the entire thing so that a more advanced program could analyze and/or continue the tracking operation.

Most likely a real person never even looked at it, unless they already were in the first place. But still, it shows an exploitable weakness in the current set-up for someone willing to actually sabotage the site by mechanical means rather than by trolling it with nasty comments... Maybe Bearsy actually works for the CIA, but he has to get this site shut down before he can be promoted and moved back to the field-office in the city, lol.

-----------

I'd almost be willing to cough-up the $500 a year just as a "fuck you" to whoever it is that is behind it, be it the service trying to upsale you on a better plan, or some big-brother faggot. Either way, the upgraded plan would prob be an opportunity to start routing more traffic to the site, anyway, a win-win-win for all 3 involved parties... I wonder if there is a way I could write it off on my taxes as a political contribution?
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am

Getting into allowing deductions would entail registering as a NPO, which would have to be done in both Canada and the USA. Back in the days of UNA Jon was claiming to be such a registered organization but never through with the actual paperwork.

The other drawback of going that route is that they usually require a board of managers etc, which basically opens the door to being wrested of the control over said organisation and it's agenda could become corrupted etc. I found that remaining a free association of private citizens retains the best elements of preserving each individual's integrity so that we all speak for ourselves but cannot be construed to speak for others and vice versa.

I have a similar experience with an American think tank. I'm attending one of their conferences in DC on Thursday, and if I want to donate to them it wouldn't be tax deductible as they aren't a registered organization in Canada. I've finished setting up my film recording studio and am ready to begin my youtube channel backed by a patreon. The scheme I envision will work as follows.

* All content entirely free always.
* Will reply to comments on youtube/twitter/facebook.
* Bronze Patron = 1$ a month for show of support.
* Silver Patron = 10$ a month for getting questions answered on video.
* Gold Patron = 100$ a month for opportunity to select the topic of videos.
* Platnum Patron = 1000$ a month for opportunity for themselves or a person of their selection to travel here (all expenses paid) and be part of a formal video recording episode.

Basically with a point system like a round robin thing a la world of warcraft raiding loot for guilds. I'm down to the experimention phase of recording video and sound and finding the best recipee for post processing. Once I'm done I will record the first 10 episodes and do a launch as video and audio podcasts, simultaneously posting videos to youtube, twitter and facebook.

And most interestingly of all, I'll be using the Americalex moniker as a continuation of what has grown from here. I do have pro-annexation friends who are involved with the political party in Quebec and happen to be lawyers specializing in Canada-USA relations. I will inquire with them as to the best way to register a formal organization.

In a world dominated by a stale/corrupt/abhorrent islamo-humanistic narrative, I will aim to provide my personal views in a comprehensive alternative to help people of good faith anchor themselves in a Judeo-Christian tradition continuation upgraded to today's dynamics and fibonacci complexifications.

While focused on history of religion and the broader human story, as a subset of this greater effort the justification and case for the combination of the US and Canada in an expanded country called America will be valiantly made.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Apr 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Ya, you are right, money corrupts. Can't drain the swamp without getting you feet wet, just have to be very vigilant and remain on task, I guess.

The part that really makes me mad is, for example, our "family" law system... a multi-billion dollar cottage industry in which persons with law degrees make a living profiting off of other's personal pain and anguish. A sick and disgusting setup that gimmicks and mirrors the US Justice system but with no moral compass.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Apr 24, 2018 2:39 pm

It's a humanist society :D We are far from the capitalism and freedom which sane minded folks would employ.
Americalex
Supporter

Previous

Return to Community