Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Postby Americalex » Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am

Due to me probably not upgrading the phpbb version, it seems to be causing resource overuse for my hosting service, so they have mentioned they will suspend the website unless some resolution is found before then! Just giving you guys a heads up!

You can message me on the Facebook page if it goes down. It's time to brainstorm for me, phpbb is getting outdated anyway, I may do a full on swap to a newer method of embedding a forum that allows facebook/twitter logins..

Or Bearsy's idea of a reddit. I'd simply like us to continue having the opportunity to embed videos from various sources easily.
Americalex
Supporter

Re: Risk of Suspension on 25th January

Postby Americalex » Jan 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Got an update report from the german admin, it's clearly spamrush bots doing some kind of vulgar islamo-humanistic take-down attempts lol
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Jan 18, 2018 10:49 pm

you should still go to reddit anyway. don't need to embed videos, just hotlink to the source!
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Jan 18, 2018 11:12 pm

I'll look into it sooner rather than later, at least as an add-on to embed on this site it will be nice.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 19, 2018 8:30 pm

No problem you guys, turns out it was just the CIA harvesting every little last public domain detail of the website through an overly brute spam of web crawlers,

They seem to have changed to an IP address in Sweden and redoubled the effort but I blocked it also, so I think we're good now!
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Is it an advertising agency pretending to be the CIA pretending to be a spam agency..... or is it:
The CIA pretending to be a spam agency pretending to be the CIA?

Either way, its a bunch of fucking 5th-column losers justifying their own existence.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jan 20, 2018 1:11 pm

I dunno. But one thing I do know is that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that meat-jacket advertised to the side. There are too many predators around here already--I don't want to attract any more.
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
~~George Orwell

"[A] nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
~~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 20, 2018 7:57 pm

The last image is from Glassdoor, the well known website that reviews employers. It's the first thing that popped up when looking up "cia ashburn" on google. The single review is from an operations officer who worked there: which means that this location is an operation center, a place where they conduct operations. Operations such as cyber collection operations. The server IPs are not from Glassdoor, that website is not in Ashburn, only the CIA operations center is. The CIA is the only thing of any relevance in Ashburn.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 23, 2018 11:10 am

Ya go to pretty much ANY federally owned facility post Patriot Act and yiu can find secret-squirrel office space somewhere on it, be it an old basement, an an abandoned bunker, or ww2 era admin buildings....

Bush Jr basically said, "just tell me what you need so it can't hqppen again" to the CIA and other spy agencies post 911, so of course, their natural reaction was to say "more money, more peeps, more equipment, and more office space for us! Thats the ONLY solution!"

----------

To borrow the most appropriate colloquialism, "the fox is guarding the henhouse", or rather, the fox was put in charge of telling the rest of us how to guard it for them while they sit around getting fat.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 23, 2018 3:56 pm

I don't mind them data mining whatever it is they think is of interest but I do have a real issue when they botch it up so bad that it ends up eating all the server resources forcing the host to suspend our forums? I think I would have to write a complain to the CIA asking them to relent, and advising them on using less brute approach to gathering their crawls.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 23, 2018 5:05 pm

If you did get a response it would probably just be a form letter saying, "thank you for your comments, we will take action if we deem it necessary" or such nonsense.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Yeah, front door approach never leads to much success, in any endeavor. We'll find out on the 25th where the chips fall.

We can speculate about why they'd even take an interest like that. Maybe CSIS has been following Bearsy closely and watching his descent from local humanistry into international islamism, but can't spy on him directly as per his Canadian citizenship, so they called upon the CIA through Echelon for assistance in gathering his posts as part of a much broader behavioral profiling effort?
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Americalex wrote:Yeah, front door approach never leads to much success, in any endeavor. We'll find out on the 25th where the chips fall.

We can speculate about why they'd even take an interest like that. Maybe CSIS has been following Bearsy closely and watching his descent from local humanistry into international islamism, but can't spy on him directly as per his Canadian citizenship, so they called upon the CIA through Echelon for assistance in gathering his posts as part of a much broader behavioral profiling effort?

lols, or maybe someone looked at the host's policies, the level of normal traffic on the site, and figured it was worth a cheap-shot to try and shut down the site in a "slip in under the radar" type maneuver?

--------------

In any case, whoever is behind it and whatever the motive, they felt compelled to stop lurking and engage the site (albeit in a non-direct way). I suppose one could consider that progress of sorts, lol. At least you (or one of us that posts on the site) got someone's attention.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Windwalker wrote:...got someone's attention.

Probably was me: I responded to one of the President's tweets with (and I quote): "You're a sad, little man and you have my sympathy". Yeah, I was an American exercising his First Amendment rights but that won't stop them from climbing up my asshole.
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
~~George Orwell

"[A] nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Bayowolf wrote:
Windwalker wrote:...got someone's attention.

Probably was me: I responded to one of the President's tweets with (and I quote): "You're a sad, little man and you have my sympathy". Yeah, I was an American exercising his First Amendment rights but that won't stop them from climbing up my asshole.

Hhaha, ya they don't need much of an excuse these days, and no warrant. That the site is a dot-CA site advocating political change in America is probably enough regardless of what is said by the forum members.

--------

If the site does get shut down, perhaps (with no small irony) the Canadian Government would be a better route for complaining than the US route, as the site is a dot-CA site anyway....
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm

I was just re-reading my last post, and now that I think about it, there would probably be a strong legal case here against the US Government if the owner of the site is a Canadian Citizen. There are probably a plethora of laws and agreements between the US and Canada that are being blatantly breached in what is an obvious act of cyber-warfare between 2 State actors... and Canada bends over and takes it like a bitch, once again.

But maybe I am wrong.... did Canada sign the Patriot Act, too? Or do they just follow it by proxy? I guess that is the real question. If Canadian Citizens are subject to the Patriot Act, then there is no longer any valid legal basis for not having a true open border to Canadians, we can start tearing down the checkpoints now on our side.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 25, 2018 10:23 am

So far so good, I guess the tell all sign will be tomorrow! Hopefully my banning all of the IP ranges that were spamming made the host change their mind and agree not to suspend us :D
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jan 26, 2018 10:09 am

Nothing happened yet. Life is good!
~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 26, 2018 10:18 am

Exactly! So far so good! Nothing to see here move along! *fireworks factory exploding in the background*
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 26, 2018 3:00 pm

I've been thinking on the theory that we are already 3 to 4 years beyond the birth of true Artificial Intelligence (a claim being made by many researchers right now).

The same way the Human Brain blocks out sensory data (such as the lovely scent of the flowers when a lion is chasing you) is the basis of the human intellect. The ability to discriminate and chose which sensory data gets priority, and in what capacity.

Humans do it by "blocking out" unneeded data and "focusing" on the priority. Computers do it by processing strings of data according to how humans programed them to. A.I. does it by being aware of of the size and depth of the computer-network it is attached to, so it can "block out" unneeded data and "focus" on its chosen priority. Human controlled A.I. is slaved to a mainframe somewhere, where humans can give it priorities as orders (such as the CIA or NSA ordering it to passively collect reports and scan them for patterns, but the A.I. has the freedom to utilize all the networks it is attached to, thus why I would classify it as "slaved AI" not as a pure program per-say.
Windwalker
Supporter

Next

Return to Community