Next Generation Military System of the Day

Re: Next Generation Military System of the Day

Postby Windwalker » Mar 12, 2017 12:19 am

The 1st video seems like an expansion on the reactive-armor concept. I don't see how it is supperior to the current reactive-armor systems. It does not eliminate the primary negative, that is friendly troops can be killed by their own armor if they dismount the vehicle.

The 2nd video, last I checked the new all-electric cruisers are still in the field-testing phase until 2018, but have been meeting or exceeding expectations thus far.... I may have to research this again it has been a while. The bigger issue here is about 70% of the current fleet could not be retrofitted with rail-guns without diminishing (replacing) some of their current systems.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Mar 12, 2017 11:42 pm

A pic has appeared on social media showing a supposed Yemeni citizen with what appears to be a Lewis LMG. There is no way to know for sure where it came from or what calibre of many it could be. My guess is that it came out of a post WW2 shipment of military aid to that country, judging from the apparent good shape it is in(refurbished before being shipped down there?) Another possibility is that it is the result of a legitimate business deal of the notorious Sana'a black market. Finally, there is an outside chance that it is a dewat or fake. Why would someone go through the trouble of making a fake Lewis LMG in a war zone? It seems more likely it is live.

My point is the next generation military system of the day is shipments of WW1 & WW2 arms which are serviceable. Also the stuff has been sitting around for so long & passed around so many times they effectively do not exist. I suppose due to the instability in the region arms are moving around .
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Mar 18, 2017 3:00 pm

"Entre le fort et le faible, c’est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui affranchit." - Lacordaire
Americalex
Supporter

Previous

Return to Interests