Technology of the Day

Re: Technology of the Day

Postby Americalex » Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 27, 2018 5:50 am

Cool! Looks like 5G is fast enough just in time for us to start having heads-up displays implanted in our retinas.

I will be one of the first to sign up, I am so done with fumbling around with touch screens, that is one tech I will not miss.

Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 27, 2018 5:54 am

I think I will get it implanted only in one eye, keeping the other one natural. And I will make my cybernetic eye look like a tiger's eye or something stylish like that.

All jokes aside, though, the nerves in the eye are the best place to attach cybernetic implants to a human brain (which is essentially a 12 watt battery). Theoretically, you could have direct control over the heads up display with your mind, without the need for command words.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

The dreaded feraliminal lycanthropizer, a fictitious device from 1990.

It has a suspicious resemblance to the also fictitious twonky from the ancient film of the same name.

I guess the tech in this case is making $ through fiction writing.

Speculative fiction was the catch all term before we were introduced to the thoroughly modern truther movement.

Overlap between fiction, speculation, opinion, fantasy, delusion and propaganda.

The Twonky story dates from 1942. Interestingly the female lead in rhe film was once married to Albert Brocolli for a short time.

The Twonky was co-written by Henry Kuttner & C.L. Lewis, members of the H.P.Lovecraft circle.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Feb 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Man I wonder who that guy was? Seemed like he had been burned at some point on his face. Maybe a hard core alco?
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Re: Tracking objects on the world's oceans 2014 article

Postby Fat Tony » Feb 07, 2018 10:34 pm

eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Feb 21, 2018 1:06 pm

No controls on the test.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Mar 09, 2018 7:02 pm

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... siles.html

Typicalfor Ka-na-da, our land force aaa has been ass raped by the bean counters. Nobody cares the capability relies on a skilled sustained force that continues on until they are needed.

The downing of MH17 turned some heads on Parliament Hill. Canada is out to obtain an aaa system to protect VIPs on flights. Do you see the message? Protect a bunch of elitist characters like Bissonette fcku the troops in the field.

In any case,that Canada has such a system should be a given. The purchase of such a system should go along with aaa for the land forces. Currently all we have is a jury rigged system to allow Lav to attack helicopters. I guess this goes along with the slow and sure destruction of Canada's supposed sovereignty. Not sure what the payoff is there.

What the land force needs is a technology to keep the RCAF & their political supporters out of the land forces business.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Previous

Return to Interests