Religion..

Religion..

Postby Amazingirl » May 14, 2009 5:36 pm

if i think of God in every way i will say He is everything. i grew up in a christian home, my grandfather being a pastor, it is hard to get away from God when your bonds are that strong even if you try to forget about God, he never does I think when i forget about him is when things start to mess up and going to the wrong direction...so anyway thats my idea of who God is, I think he is just there for whoever wants to come close and follow.
Amazingirl

Re: Religion..

Postby Americalex » May 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Amazingirl wrote:if i think of God in every way i will say He is everything. i grew up in a christian home, my grandfather being a pastor, it is hard to get away from God when your bonds are that strong even if you try to forget about God, he never does I think when i forget about him is when things start to mess up and going to the wrong direction...so anyway thats my idea of who God is, I think he is just there for whoever wants to come close and follow.

I view God as the creator of the universe and everything within it, so that we dwell in his creation and it is our god given ability to reason by observing nature to deduct the divine laws. I think of God as a sentient entity capable of manifesting itself in a way that we can understand, and I believe he has a special plan for mankind, but that only he really knows what that plan is. I think this God is the god of the Israelites, not because they are better than the rest, but because they are chosen for the special purpose of demonstrating his existence to all of mankind through their ongoing history.

Now that's God, but I view religion as an entirely separate thing, institutionalized organizations of imperfect, corruptible and mortal men who are quick to usurp the meaning of God to their own manipulative ends to increase and extend their temporal control over their brethren, for all sorts of unethical and self-serving means. In a less critical interpretation, religion serves as the regulator of civilization as it performs a homogenizing function in society by exposing people to a similar set of moral values and principles. Religion is often, though not always, the usurper of mankind's natural connection with the divine.

As a field of knowledge, religion is the repository for mankind's best attempt at providing answers to questions that have not been irrevocably answered by scientific observation. The unexplained and the unknown are it's fields of study, and religious history records them to various degrees. In this sense religion as a form of knowledge is an attempt at rationalizing that which we still do not understand.

Finally, one might say that religion is the ultimate form of political power, as it influences not the way people act, but reaches directly to the core of an individual's identity, as such it directly affects the way people think, and is a much more powerful and influential tool than any political ideology could ever become.

Lastly, I do not presume to know, but I simply suspect those things, based on my accumulated experiences. How's that for a start!
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Amazingirl » May 15, 2009 2:40 pm

I know is hard to believe but when I go to church I don't feel it as an organization, I feel it more in a concept of a family God is our father and because of that i see as people my brother and sisters, and we can come together to him and tell him our worries, tell him that we are happy we can worship him together and praise with songs, read about bible, and find comfort, and learn about his ways what he wants us to do in this life, that seems that people are starting to forget about him.
Amazingirl

Postby NJguy » May 15, 2009 9:13 pm

why do you have the flag of Mexico if your from Texas?
It is a haunted Place. The cedars that line the river banks stain the waters with their deep color. Stunted pitch pines stand motionless, their shallow roots anchored precariously in gleaming white sands. Silence reigns. -NJ Pine Barrens
NJguy
Supporter

Postby Amazingirl » May 18, 2009 12:20 pm

long story short, i was borned in Mexico, and I live in Texas Now LOL. I love my country Mexico and also Love Texas too. but I cant Hide who Iam ha ha
Amazingirl

Postby Benz » May 27, 2009 2:04 am

Amazingirl wrote:if i think of God in every way i will say He is everything. i grew up in a christian home, my grandfather being a pastor, it is hard to get away from God when your bonds are that strong even if you try to forget about God, he never does I think when i forget about him is when things start to mess up and going to the wrong direction...so anyway thats my idea of who God is, I think he is just there for whoever wants to come close and follow.

One concept I find it quiet strange from the beleivers, is the idea that according to them, God provides help to anyone who worships him and may become revengeful to those who don't.

If your god exists and is that way, I am sorry to inform you that I would rather see him getting powerless. But you are lucky because I do not beleive he is like that. If there is a creator, he might have create the universe and all but, anything we do or happened from there, is just the nature in action or the choices we make. I doubt very much god plays with us like a kid with a barbie or a GI joe. ;)

Think about it next time you think god decides to help you or not. If the only thought about this scares you, then it means there is something wrong.
Benz
Opponent

Postby Amazingirl » May 28, 2009 2:21 pm

well I respect every view. I was just saying what I think, since everybody is free to believe whatever they want. It is just my concept and how I feel, I have had many miracles in my life just to think that God doesnt exist and that is just a coincidence. and like it or not I am firm and what I believe. and good for you! if that is working for you... :wink:
Amazingirl

Postby AjaxWoji » Jun 02, 2009 4:26 pm

I think it is great to have someone with your views here, it fills out the spectrum better.
I enjoyed our time mostly, now I am done.
AjaxWoji

Postby Amazingirl » Jun 04, 2009 4:19 pm

thanks!! God is there with everybody. I pray that God will do a miracle in you and everyone that is waiting for one :) .

The Universe declares your majesty!!!
Amazingirl

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I base my religion on my knowledge of science. Even using science I think that religion is inherent to our psyche. There's a reason why it's everywhere, even in the deepest jungles of Africa. Realizing this has maintained my belief in God. While I've mostly stripped a lot of my pre-concieved notions of God, I've kept a basic belief that I think has helped me in my life. On one side, I'm allowed to understand science and on the other I allow myself to have a spiritual side that cannot be measured or observed with science.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Amazingirl » Jun 09, 2009 2:02 pm

It is funny you know because when we talk about science, it becomes deeply interesting they have discovered many things, in so many ways and this has helped to discover more and more about things that we have seen, like dinosaurs. Iam amazed and how such amazing animal was out there ,but inside of me as you said, still the spiritual way of saying was this made by someone superior than me? and my only answer to this is , it had to be God. which makes sense to me, for someone that is not as big on science. anyway I love all the responses i have got from everyones point of view. thanks :D
Amazingirl

Postby lesterBfearsome » Jun 09, 2009 4:49 pm

well so far the history of the universe (as little as we've scratched) suggests that complex things can only come from simpler things. IMO if God is ever to exist, it will be the collective effort of mankind that, with technology, will rise above pettiness and create something better than ourselves.
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
lesterBfearsome
Opponent

Return to Interests