Video of the day

Re: Video of the day

Postby Bearsy » Sep 29, 2017 7:52 pm

LOL interesting. we both hate it

Though! His psychology is real good I think.
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Oct 01, 2017 7:07 pm

The big question is.. Boeing asks for 80% tariff, DoC slaps 219%. Now the UK & Canada are blacklisting Boeing.. Is that the DoC's way of telling Boeing to stop asking it for help?
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Oct 03, 2017 1:22 am

Americalex wrote:I was open to giving it a fair hearing, but the pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo early on, thinly veiled deconstructionism railroading the listener towards the good old pantheistic subset of the humanist paradigm. I wished I could have lasted longer than the first 10 minutes, but that was a long enough window to give without any return at all on the time investment. Maybe the rest is great but I'll never know because they lost me at 10 minutes of free floating fact free meanderings mixed with multiple arrogant/offensive false humanist assumptions.

Bearsy wrote:LOL interesting. we both hate it

Though! His psychology is real good I think.

I listened to the whole thing just now. My impression of the first 19 minutes was of him presenting the counter-points of some of his piers, with the "meat-and-potatoes" of the lecture-portion starting thereafter. He also left me with the impression that his target-audience was persons familiar with his literature, both fans and those who come to debate him. Avoiding being sucked into the atheism/theism paradigm seems like old-hat to him, as he attempts to stay in the realm of defining the subject strictly from an academic perspective (though he also left me with the unstated impression he personally leans toward theism, with his personal internal-struggle being more along the lines of cynicism/hope for humanity as a whole.)

My suggestion for the casual viewer would be to start at 1:30. Also, his mannerism and pace are digestible at 2x speed.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Oct 04, 2017 1:09 am

Like I said I think the psychology makes sense. The parts where he is describing the human animal are really interesting. But he extrapolates that into the scripture and I believe he reads into it things that weren't intended.

I also disagree with his repeated insinuation that atheism = nihilism.

But I do support the fight against cynicism and this guy exudes the opposite so I do like him.
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Windwalker » Oct 04, 2017 9:44 am

Bearsty wrote:I also disagree with his repeated insinuation that atheism = nihilism.

That is a large part of where I feel he gives himself away as a Theist (without actually saying so). He tries to define all atheists as either dupes to nihilism, or as reluctant-theists that self-define as atheists to avoid self-reflection....

But then this is central to his theory, that is being open to the possibility that the underlying psychological archetypes of the Human psyche are a reflection of an [i][i]real[/i][/i] Pantheon.

If I could pick his brain, I would ask his opinion on comparing the various polytheistic systems of past centuries with that of the Trinity/Angels/Fallen-Angels/Guardian-Angels/Prophets/Saints systems that are prominent right now (even Islam is not a true monotheistic system, after-all).
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby TAWM » Oct 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Another Paul Joseph Watson video that is right on the money

TAWM
Observer

Postby TAWM » Oct 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Old but very good in-depth documentary on the Falklands War showing both the British and Argentinian sides.

TAWM
Observer

Postby Fat Tony » Oct 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Americalex wrote:

The big question is.. Boeing asks for 80% tariff, DoC slaps 219%. Now the UK & Canada are blacklisting Boeing.. Is that the DoC's way of telling Boeing to stop asking it for help?

What puzzled me is why the fcuk Boeing had a plant in Winnipeg? :?:
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm

They got archangeled by Airbus who seems keen to piss off Boeing, though it's not the greatest thing for the survival and growth of Bombardier as a Quebec multinational. The plant in Winnipeg is an attempt at making the company more Canadian than Quebecer I think.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Oct 18, 2017 7:41 pm

What a strange world we live in. I hope its a fake Melania lol
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Does he get to penetrate her sosie as an aside benefit also?
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Nov 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Transportation safety vid circa 1976.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Nov 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm

The Falklands docu is in a class of its own. The best docus of this type seem to hearken from the immediate aftermath of the events they portray.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Runaway locomotive drama:

Postby Fat Tony » Nov 25, 2017 7:43 pm

eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Dec 02, 2017 12:28 am

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Bayowolf » Dec 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I clicked over to what see what it was. When I got there, I read the short article that came with the video but I didn't watch the video itself. Why? Because, I'm on a Bullshit Budget--that's why. There's only so much bullshit that I'll allow myself to be exposed to and, besides, I watched this bullshit the day it happened.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

~~Sir Winston O'Boogie
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Dec 02, 2017 1:22 pm

...surgically eviscerating Joe McCarthy who desperately asked for it.

There are few--if any--newsmen today who are deserving of holding this man's jockstrap.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

~~Sir Winston O'Boogie
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Bayowolf wrote:I clicked over to what see what it was. When I got there, I read the short article that came with the video but I didn't watch the video itself. Why? Because, I'm on a Bullshit Budget--that's why. There's only so much bullshit that I'll allow myself to be exposed to and, besides, I watched this bullshit the day it happened.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, as I didn't watch the video or read the article. I just find it odd it is even getting so much headline. The Democrat driven "Russia Probe" has gone on for what, a year now? And all they have produced so far (for charges) are against the peeps we knew would face charges before the probe was even initiated. Funny how there is a "drip-drip" of evidence of collusion with Russia by Hillary's campaign and the DNC coming along with the investigation, too....

The timing of these charges was intentional, to take heat off of the damning information in the reports the investigation are producing (damning against the Dems, that is).
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Dec 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Americalex
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Interests