Rush Limbaugh on Conservatism with Sean Hannity

Rush Limbaugh on Conservatism with Sean Hannity

Postby Clubtender » Jun 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Here's a look at Rush Limbaugh's views on Conservatism in an interview with Sean Hannity.
http://tinyurl.com/qle8nw

What Rush is voicing is exactly how Conservatives see themselves.

Here's some more of Sean Hannity's interview with Rush Limbaugh.
http://tinyurl.com/krfbkv

If that video is left to run after it ends, it leads directly into this one.
http://tinyurl.com/ox2cj3

If Liberals really want to know how Conservatives see matters and what we are thinking, I strongly suggest watching these videos. If Liberals want to continue to believing the main stream media's twisted caricatures of Conservatism, continue watching MSNBC.
Clubtender
Supporter

Re: Rush Limbaugh on Conservatism with Sean Hannity

Postby NJguy » Jun 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Its undeniable that he speaks the truth. Obama is the biggest mistake in the history of the United States, and the part than makes me cringe is that nobody cares to notice.
It is a haunted Place. The cedars that line the river banks stain the waters with their deep color. Stunted pitch pines stand motionless, their shallow roots anchored precariously in gleaming white sands. Silence reigns. -NJ Pine Barrens
NJguy
Supporter

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Rush Limbaugh telling us how conservatives see themselves. So he really is the spokesperson for the conservative movement?

I think Rush Limbaugh paints conservatism into a corner and conservatives bring it on themselves when they turn to him for advice. Then you have Republican leader Michael Steele apologizing for comments about Rush, like as if he just insulted his superior. What Steele said about him was absolutely true, the guy is just an entertainer and should be treated as such. Except everyone knows this isn't the case and Republicans look up to him. They claim they don't, Rush claims he has no sway on them, but the reality seems to be different.

Even when I watch unedited videos of Rush, it doesn't change my opinion of him. If anything, it just lowers my opinion. The 'liberal media' actually does him justice, I don't hear half of the stupid things he says from them. Now I suppose I'm a liberal too because anybody who doesn't like Rush must be a liberal. :roll:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 07, 2009 3:37 pm

I'd love to see a debate with Ron Paul and Rush Limbaugh. He'd so be owned by Ron Paul and might do some good to see more conservatives stand up against Rush's influence on the party.

[youtube]6YwPAlcf11M[/youtube]
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Alberta, USA » Jun 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:Rush Limbaugh telling us how conservatives see themselves. So he really is the spokesperson for the conservative movement?

I think Rush Limbaugh paints conservatism into a corner and conservatives bring it on themselves when they turn to him for advice. Then you have Republican leader Michael Steele apologizing for comments about Rush, like as if he just insulted his superior. What Steele said about him was absolutely true, the guy is just an entertainer and should be treated as such. Except everyone knows this isn't the case and Republicans look up to him. They claim they don't, Rush claims he has no sway on them, but the reality seems to be different.

Even when I watch unedited videos of Rush, it doesn't change my opinion of him. If anything, it just lowers my opinion. The 'liberal media' actually does him justice, I don't hear half of the stupid things he says from them. Now I suppose I'm a liberal too because anybody who doesn't like Rush must be a liberal. :roll:

You obviously didn't watch the videos. :roll:
Alberta, USA
Opponent

Postby Alberta, USA » Jun 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:I'd love to see a debate with Ron Paul and Rush Limbaugh. He'd so be owned by Ron Paul and might do some good to see more conservatives stand up against Rush's influence on the party.

[youtube]6YwPAlcf11M[/youtube]

Rush agrees far more with Ron Paul than you do.
Alberta, USA
Opponent

Postby Clubtender » Jun 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:Now I suppose I'm a liberal too because anybody who doesn't like Rush must be a liberal. :roll:

You are certainly not a Conservative or you didn't bother to watch the videos. Rush does not set Conservative policy. He merely echoes Conservative sentiment back to Conservatives. He is putting a voice to what we are already thinking.
Clubtender
Supporter

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 08, 2009 12:09 am

Alberta, USA wrote:You obviously didn't watch the videos. :roll:

I watched the Rush Limbaugh on Hannity one on Youtube because the actual links didn't work. I've heard him talk before unedited, it was no new news to me.

Funniest part is right at the start where Hannity says that Rush Limbaugh is criticized by 'so-called Republicans'. So he establishes right from the start that if you criticize Limbaugh, you're a so-called Republican. That's the problem I'm talking about and the first slip up is in the first 30 seconds. Seems like the taboo thing to do for Republicans is to say anything negative about Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh: 1/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfzbbuTvRw

Rush Limbaugh: 2/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBDW5t5Tfs

Clubtender wrote:You are certainly not a Conservative or you didn't bother to watch the videos. Rush does not set Conservative policy. He merely echoes Conservative sentiment back to Conservatives. He is putting a voice to what we are already thinking.

Yes I watched them, but on Youtube that's the latest interview Hannity did with Rush Limbaugh. I didn't really learn anything new about Rush I didn't learn before from other videos. Also, I think conservatives put too much of an emphasis on the guy. Is it possible to be a conservative if I don't like Rush Limbaugh?

[youtube]TVuiF_TdsBw[/youtube]
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Clubtender » Jun 08, 2009 7:49 am

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:I watched the Rush Limbaugh on Hannity one on Youtube because the actual links didn't work. I've heard him talk before unedited, it was no new news to me.

Funniest part is right at the start where Hannity says that Rush Limbaugh is criticized by 'so-called Republicans'. So he establishes right from the start that if you criticize Limbaugh, you're a so-called Republican. That's the problem I'm talking about and the first slip up is in the first 30 seconds. Seems like the taboo thing to do for Republicans is to say anything negative about Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh: 1/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfzbbuTvRw

Rush Limbaugh: 2/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBDW5t5Tfs

It's not a slip up. It is fact. To be Conservative is the first qualification of being a Republican. The term "Liberal Republican" is an oxymoron. Did you ever stop to think that the "so called Republican" remark about Colan Powell has something to do with the fact that he campaigned and voted for Obama? If someone campaigns and votes for the other side, that person is with the other side.

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:Yes I watched them, but on Youtube that's the latest interview Hannity did with Rush Limbaugh. I didn't really learn anything new about Rush I didn't learn before from other videos. Also, I think conservatives put too much of an emphasis on the guy. Is it possible to be a conservative if I don't like Rush Limbaugh?

It wasn't about learning something about Rush. It was about learning something about Conservatives. It is very possible to be a Conservative and not like Rush. He is merely a messenger. It is however not possible to be a Conservative and disagree with the message being delivered by Rush in that interview because the message being delivered is pure Reagan Conservatism.

It's about the message, not the messenger.
Clubtender
Supporter

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 08, 2009 10:14 am

Clubtender wrote:It's not a slip up. It is fact. To be Conservative is the first qualification of being a Republican. The term "Liberal Republican" is an oxymoron. Did you ever stop to think that the "so called Republican" remark about Colan Powell has something to do with the fact that he campaigned and voted for Obama? If someone campaigns and votes for the other side, that person is with the other side.

It's not their opinion of Colan Powell that I had an issue with, it's pretty much expected. The point is that Hannity couldn't come up with one fair example of a Republican that criticizes Rush Limbaugh, without referring to them as a so-called Republican. He says that Rush is 'viciously attacked' by the left and criticized by so-called Republicans. That doesn't leave any room for being a Republican who has honest criticism of Rush Limbaugh. When they do speak out against Rush, they quickly apologize to him soon after.

Clubtender wrote:It wasn't about learning something about Rush. It was about learning something about Conservatives. It is very possible to be a Conservative and not like Rush. He is merely a messenger. It is however not possible to be a Conservative and disagree with the message being delivered by Rush in that interview because the message being delivered is pure Reagan Conservatism.

Again it paints conservatism into a corner. Being like, "conservatives are this way and liberals aren't" it premotes the view that conservatives belong to some kind of exclusive group. I really don't subscribe to this view that I belong to a specific group because there are things that conservatives say that I agree with. So to say I'm a liberal, it feels like I'd have to be everything against what Rush Limbaugh says. To be a conservative, I'd have to agree with everything he says. I fall in neither category, unless 'liberal' is the default term for anyone who doesn't fall in line with what he says about conservatives. For example, I agree that McCain was a bad choice for Republicans. Another one I agree with is smaller government. The problem I had with the Republican Party before was the overspending and how they'd trample on state laws, like medical marijuana. This is why I do premote candidates like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. Especially during a time of economic crisis, fiscal conservatives and social libertarians are needed.

Clubtender wrote:It's about the message, not the messenger.

Well I think the messenger is overplayed. BTW that cartoon I posted was from 1999, which is a decade ago and even back then the caricature of a Republican was someone who 'obeys Rush Limbaugh'. Listening to old tapes of comedian Bill Hicks, he goes back to the early 90s and yet what he says about the Republicans and Rush still hasn't changed. It's just getting really old and the Republican Party is ripe for an overhaul, which is a good time to start distancing yourselves from him.
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 08, 2009 12:07 pm

My main point is that Rush Limbaugh is a radio entertainer and that's how he should be treated. He shouldn't be treated as the 'voice of conservatives'. You know, I've never watched one single Michael Moore film. Never watched Al Gore's movie either. My opinions have been formed by actual research, not by second hand knowledge from entertainers or defunct politicians.

As for Alberta,USA's comment that Rush Limbaugh agrees with Ron Paul more than I do, I'd like to know what subjects. I know that Ron Paul supports state rights, including when it comes to abortion. Now I'm open to that idea making abortion a state issue, it's not the worst policy to come out of the GOP. It seems to make sense because if it is a national issue and it's not part of the constitution, then depending on the national party it could either be banned nationally or legal nationally. The former isn't something I'd desire and the latter is good if it were set in stone. If it were a state issue, I'd like to see polls in states that experiment with banning abortion. We'd see how quickly their miscarriages jump through the roof. It'll prove the point that abortion is something that cannot trully be banned, just swept under the carpet so pro-lifers can pretend it's not happening.

Ron Paul's position on global warming is actually close to mine. The key reason being he actually agrees with cutting CO2 emissions, even though he's against Kyoto. This way, he can speak to conservatives on the issue in a way that liberals cannot.
"Then you have to deal with the volcanoes, and you have to deal with China... so what are you going to do, invade China so they don't pollute? ... But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do what we can to slow up the emissions and stop subsidizing big oil companies. I don't like subsidizing oil companies. They've been doing that for years. We go to war to protect oil, so that we can buy more oil, and burn more oil. So I say our foreign policy contributes to global warming -- by subsidizing a policy that is deeply flawed. And that's why we're in the Middle East, to protect oil interests."

Good start anyway, stop subsidizing the oil companies and he agrees with doing what we can to slow emissions. This is better than conservatives closing their eyes and saying global warming is just because of sun spots or that CO2 levels don't affect global temperatures. I don't believe in destroying the economy over the issue of global warming. Instead steps must be taken for oil companies to clean up their act and the nation needs to eventually switch to alternative cleaner energy in the future, which would be in line with Ron Paul's issue with America's war for oil.

So where am I not a Ron Paul conservative? Of course I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, I recently disagreed with his view on the swine flu. So I do have disagreements with him, but I don't think there's a politician out there who I fully agree with.
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Clubtender » Jun 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:Again it paints conservatism into a corner. Being like, "conservatives are this way and liberals aren't" it premotes the view that conservatives belong to some kind of exclusive group.

If by an exclusive group you mean people who believe in small government, low taxes, individual rights and individual responsibilities, I guess that we could be considered exclusive. That is not painting ourselves into a corner. That is honesty in advertising. Someone who believes in a government program and entitlement for everything, government control over everything and high taxes who calls himself a Republican is being dishonest in advertising himself as a Republican.

Here's a fun fact for you to research for yourself because there is no way in Hell that you will believe me. George W. Bush falls to the left of John F. Kennedy, yet the main stream media considers Bush to be extremely Conservative.

Since 1994, the Republican party has taken a massive swing to the left. Like Rush or hate him, he is merely pointing out this slide to the left and trying to hold the line for the right. He is right when he says that Republicans can not defeat the Social-Democrats by being "Democrat Light". We can only defeat them by offering a real alternative to them.
Clubtender
Supporter

Postby Alberta, USA » Jun 08, 2009 11:43 pm

As for Alberta,USA's comment that Rush Limbaugh agrees with Ron Paul more than I do, I'd like to know what subjects.

If it wasn't for Ron Paul's position on drug legalization you wouldn't support him at all. Ron Paul, Limbaugh and also Sean Hannity are in complete agreement on governing strictly by the constitution and respecting state's right which covers ten times the area that drug legalization and civil liberties that you support Ron Paul over. You have suggested that you will likely vote NDP in the next election yet Ron Paul and the NDP only agree on about 10% of the issues. I support Ron Paul on about 80% of the issues Hannity and Limbaugh on about 60% and you on about 20% likely in the areas of gov't out of people's lives.
Alberta, USA
Opponent

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 09, 2009 2:47 am

Alberta, USA wrote:
As for Alberta,USA's comment that Rush Limbaugh agrees with Ron Paul more than I do, I'd like to know what subjects.

If it wasn't for Ron Paul's position on drug legalization you wouldn't support him at all. Ron Paul, Limbaugh and also Sean Hannity are in complete agreement on governing strictly by the constitution and respecting state's right which covers ten times the area that drug legalization and civil liberties that you support Ron Paul over. You have suggested that you will likely vote NDP in the next election yet Ron Paul and the NDP only agree on about 10% of the issues. I support Ron Paul on about 80% of the issues Hannity and Limbaugh on about 60% and you on about 20% likely in the areas of gov't out of people's lives.

I mentiomed other issues I support Ron Paul, not just drug legalization. Why don't you name a few that I might not like? At least Ron Paul didn't attack the science of global warming and suggesting he'd end the subsidizes of oil companies. I don't think there's been an interview with him yet I didn't find interesting.
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Alberta, USA » Jun 10, 2009 12:47 am

Canadian_Ambassador wrote:
Alberta, USA wrote:

I mentiomed other issues I support Ron Paul, not just drug legalization. Why don't you name a few that I might not like? At least Ron Paul didn't attack the science of global warming and suggesting he'd end the subsidizes of oil companies. I don't think there's been an interview with him yet I didn't find interesting.

If you agree with Ron Paul all the time that is great, however you are than gonna have to admit that you agree with Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity quite a bit as well because they those three agree on more than half of contemporary issues.
Alberta, USA
Opponent

Postby Alberta, USA » Jun 10, 2009 1:03 am

Canadian_Ambassador wrote: At least Ron Paul didn't attack the science of global warming and suggesting he'd end the subsidizes of oil companies. I don't think there's been an interview with him yet I didn't find interesting.

I agree with Ron Paul on ending subsidizes for oil companies and other companies, but I have never heard Ron Paul endorse the science behind global warming like in the quote below he mentions humans are part of it but never mentions how big a part. He seems to imply that natural events like volcanoes play a very big part. It seems to me he believes that the goal should be a clean environment not the impossible goal of preventing a change in the climate.

Ron Paul on Global Warming

Source: YouTube; July 8, 2007

"Global temperatures have been warming since the Little Ice Age. Studies within the respectable scientific community have shown that human beings are most likely a part of this process. As a Congressman, I've done a number of things to support environmentally friendly policies. I have been active in the Green Scissors campaign to cut environmentally harmful spending, I've opposed foreign wars for oil, and I've spoken out against government programs that encourage development in environmentally sensitive areas, such as flood insurance."

"I strongly oppose the Kyoto treaty. Providing for a clean environment is an excellent goal, but the Kyoto treaty doesn't do that. Instead it's placed the burden on the United States to cut emissions while not requiring China - the world's biggest polluter - an other polluting third-world countries to do a thing. Also, the regulations are harmful for American workers, because it encourages corporations to move their business overseas to countries where the regulations don't apply. It's bad science, it's bad policy, and it's bad for America. I am more than willing to work cooperatively with other nations to come up with policies that will safeguard the environment, but I oppose all nonbinding resolutions that place an unnecessary burden on the United States."

When asked by Bill Maher if he thinks the Federal Government should be involved in stopping Global Warming, Ron Paul replied:

"Then you have to deal with the volcanoes, and you have to deal with China... so what are you going to do, invade China so they don't pollute? ... But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do what we can to slow up the emissions and stop subsidizing big oil companies. I don't like subsidizing oil companies. They've been doing that for years. We go to war to protect oil, so that we can buy more oil, and burn more oil. So I say our foreign policy contributes to global warming -- by subsidizing a policy that is deeply flawed. And that's why we're in the Middle East, to protect oil interests."

Alberta, USA
Opponent

Postby Canadian_Ambassador » Jun 10, 2009 2:41 am

I agree with most of that then, he seems open to the idea more than most Republicans. We can't even be sure that the Democrats will succeed in producing green jobs or whatever they think will help cut co2 levels. Also, Ron Paul is right to be weary of China not being on board because China could easily surpass the US in pollution once their own industrial revolution is at a peak. Imagine what 1.2 billion people can do with a dictatorship running them who can feed them all the same global warming denial myths to make sure they're lulled to sleep as they fill their atmosphere with an unprecedented amount of co2.

Besides, again Ron Paul is just a politician. I expect him to be ignorant in some areas, even Al Gore made scientific errors in his documentary, which has been a goldmine for global warming deniers. This is why it comes down to scientists and what they have to say.
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/index.php
Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.
Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1999, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)
Canadian_Ambassador
Opponent

Postby Clubtender » Jun 10, 2009 8:03 am

One thing to consider is that Ron Paul is a Libertarian who runs for his office as a Republican. This is because someone running as a Libertarian has very little chance of getting elected to Congress and would have absolutely no support system in Congress if he did get elected. By calling himself a Republican, he avoids the stigma of crazy that hangs over the Libertarian party and gets GOP support in Congress.

The sad part is that the Libertarian party has a lot of good ideas. Their good ideas far outweigh their bad ideas. If the Libertarian party could shed it's image of being bat shit crazy, it would actually make an excellent party.

If someone swings more Libertarian than Republican, Limbaugh and Hannity may not be their best choice for a political commentator on the radio. For someone who swings toward the Libertarian side of matters, Glenn Beck http://www.glennbeck.com would more than likely be a better choice for a radio commentator.
Clubtender
Supporter

Postby AncientUno » Jun 10, 2009 9:50 am

One thing to consider is that Ron Paul is a Libertarian who runs for his office as a Republican. This is because someone running as a Libertarian has very little chance of getting elected to Congress and would have absolutely no support system in Congress if he did get elected. By calling himself a Republican, he avoids the stigma of crazy that hangs over the Libertarian party and gets GOP support in Congress.

Which only proves a politician will run for office under any political party banner as long as it gets them elected.

For the most part all the two party system does it turn most people into two dimensional binary thinkers instead of taking the time to learn the issues and hold politicians accountable for where they stand on individual issues.

I am sure there are some people in both parties that have some really good ideas. In today's world it seems if a Republican comes up with something good the Democrats say it is not regardless of it's merit and if the Dems come up with something good the Reps say it is not regardless of it's merit.

Just maybe it's time to get rid of the party system all together, have people elected who are going to be held accountable,and that actually want to make this country a better place.

Or are we so stuck in the past that we believe there is no other or better way of doing things?
AncientUno
Opponent

Postby lesterBfearsome » Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Clubtender have you ever actually voted for a libertarian party candidate? Sounds like they could really use your support to shed the batshitinsanity and become mainstream.

I keep hearing about how scared people are of republicans to vote green or how scared people are of the democrats to vote libertarian. But alot of good it did them! The democrats have power in both houses and the presidency anyway! Should of taken the opportunity to throw at least 1 of the parties into major disarray and give new life to a new party. It still baffles me how there are no other parties in the house. That seems almost... criminal? impossible? that no 3rd party has the capability to get any kind of localized regional support for a single representative in government?

someone please educate me on 3rd parties on state level governments, do they exist? was there ever a 3rd party governor?
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
lesterBfearsome
Opponent

Next

Return to Interests