Meme of the Day

Re: Meme of the Day

Postby Windwalker » Aug 27, 2017 6:25 am

Americalex wrote:I'm not convinced the West's multi-layered ballistic interception capabilities can deal with vast strategic arsenals of nations like Russia and China. Surely they can deal with rogue states like Iran or North Korea.. but Russia could probably get quite a few through the net, considering the unpredictability of mobile launch sites and missile subs. Ideally I am wrong about this and we will never need to find out of course!

China's arsenal isn't all that much bigger than N Korea's (and likely won't be in a few more decades on the current trajectory). The Chinese don't like to waste money on equipment with a 50 year or less shelf-life when their strategic planning is projected out to 250 years....

Supposedly our detection equipment can differentiate between the decoys and the warheads if a missile were to make it through the first 2 screens and deploy, but with stealth technology a half-century old now, it is a safe assumotion that Russia and the Coalition both have various levels of stealth technology integrated into the delivery systems and the missiles themselves.... The strongest defense is keeping tabs on as many launchers as possible, and placing interceptors as close as possible at all times.

Say for example, if Russia launched everything they had at us, we managed to shoot 85-90% of it down in the first 2 layers, we would still be dealing with a dozen or more warheads and their auxiliary of decoys. If there were enough decoys for the attack to overwhelm our 3rd layer, my guess is our system would simply knock down the ones aimed at military and strategic targets first, and sacrafice mass-casualty targets (i.e. cities with little strategic importance) if necessary.

We would crush Russia in the second wave involvng strategic bombers and space-based platforms (assuming they exist). We would have total air-superiority of the entire globe within minutes of any mass atrack against us of that magnitute. Russia would have no planes, no ships, no above-ground military infrastructure, no functioning cities, no power plants, no roads, no rail-lines, no pipelines, and almost no communications before our strategic bombers started in to lay waste to anything still rolling around around trying to hold its sorry little guts in with its bloody hands...

That would be what Russia would trade to maybe knock out a few of our cities and take down our power-grid for a few hours.

---------

What has been released to the public in light of Russia and China finally getting on board with sanctions, is that NKorea actually is 3-4 times ahead of what they had been telling us. N Korea is thought to currently have enough material for 60 deployable ICBM's, and has demonstrated the ability to construct and launch them.... I get the feeling Russia and China are probably kicking themselves in the ass right now for thinking creating an independent nuclear power right on their border would be preferable to having the Coalition right on their border... I suppose they figured NKorea would enjoy being their lap-dog instead of persuing being a viable rival? Morons :roll:
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Oct 04, 2017 2:57 am

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Bearsy » Oct 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Bearsy » Nov 08, 2017 1:16 am

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Nov 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Apparently in spite of reality, many Russians still have "Lenin in their hearts", proof that you can take the humanist out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the humanist.. No consecration = hearts not turned back.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm

^Indeed. "Real communism was never tried" and yet "Communist Russia was amazing!". DUnno how someone could hold both thoughts in their head, but they do.

Memeing on:

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Jan 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Uh, yeah. That's what Arizona is all about: Canadians getting warm.

Come on down.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jan 17, 2018 11:11 am

Ahaha retirement Canadians! They purchase a house there, live most of the rest of their lives there.. I wonder how that works though, they live there on a tourist visa and travel back to Canada every 6 months while it's summer up here basically?

The housing is really affordable and it's a nice place for sure (I visited and really enjoyed the landscapes and the people).
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jan 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Americalex wrote:Ahaha retirement Canadians! They purchase a house there, live most of the rest of their lives there.. I wonder how that works though, they live there on a tourist visa and travel back to Canada every 6 months while it's summer up here basically?

The housing is really affordable and it's a nice place for sure (I visited and really enjoyed the landscapes and the people).

Must be something like that (the 6 months thing). I lived in the Phoenix area for a little when I was in grade-school. The winter only residents from parts further north are called "snow birds" by the AZ residents who tough out the 100 plus days with the occasional flash-flood at night during the Summer months.

-------

I could see this sort of thing becoming more common with improved north-south trade routes, and development of resources in the Territories. Peeps working in industries that are viable north of the permafrost would likely make enough working 90 or 180 days at a time and still make enough to support a second home somewhere warm like AZ or TX.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Jan 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Americalex wrote:Image

Fcuk what a great Idea I just had. Set up a small ruggedized cold frame strong enough to survive a bad noreaster. Rig up a heater (could be of various types) . Rig up faux or get some real 2nd hand thermo panes. Floor off ground.have all your tropical paraphenalia. Could be a sweet little business opportunity considering the aging boomers getting too infirm to travel to southern US climes. You could build them big or small.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jan 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Americalex wrote:Ahaha retirement Canadians! They purchase a house there, live most of the rest of their lives there.. I wonder how that works though, they live there on a tourist visa and travel back to Canada every 6 months while it's summer up here basically?

If Trump is begging Normay (uh..."Norway") to send immigrants over, he's bound to welcome Canadians: They are mostly-White, mostly-Westernized, and mostly English-speaking. You can't beat that combination. He may even sell Canada some F-52s.

Welcome to the...
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jul 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Jul 23, 2018 9:13 pm

eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jul 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Is that Kuato from the original totall recall?

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Jul 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Brian Pepper registered sex offender memized
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jul 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Americalex
Supporter