Human Cloning research laws

Human Cloning research laws

Postby Windwalker » Dec 14, 2017 8:49 am

There are extensive bans on human cloning research in the United States... often pushed for by the hypocrites who also profess to be pro-life on the abortion issue.

I was just wondering, as Britain allows for it quite a bit compared to the rest of the world, what is Canada's stance on the technology? will the 2020's see a boom in Toronto and/or Montreal as lesbian couples from all over the world flood there to produce children with each other?

(two ovum can be combined in a genetics lab and produce a perfectly healthy, normal baby girl, but it is currently illegal in the US to do so, for anyone who didn't get what I was musing about).
Windwalker
Supporter

Re: Human Cloning research laws

Postby Fat Tony » Dec 14, 2017 9:25 am

I can't say. I would hazard to guess Canada is not the preferred juristiction to carry out research of this type. A smart company would pick a country like PRC. Canada's scientific research efforts seems to be from small isolated research organizations (appear to be retiring them out of business). To me it seems like "don'trock the boat" is the watchword in Canada's research community. Just like anywhere else. If your workplace has an attrition based business model & some mossback is going to get credit for your work; what would you do? I would get cracking on creative busy work & CYA.

For the purposes of this thread I am excluding poorly written, poorly referenced & alarmist pieces for news outlets on climate change. I classify that sort of stuff as grade eight creative writing class regardless of the slant.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 14, 2017 11:51 am

In the UK they have been fusing the dna of ovum that carry genetically-based disorders with the dna of a healthy ovum, then using the combined ovum to then generate a viable embryo via the standard in-vitro fertilization process that has been in use everywhere for decades.

Technically, the children produced are "clones" in that a small portion of their DNA comes from a 3rd donor, but they are the same as you and me but without them having to suffer from a debilitating disorder their whole life. And yet, the anti-cloning lobby got all huffy when the UK announced they were going to be using this process to end massive amounts of human suffering (while eradicating its cause). Why did they fight it so hard? It doesn't fit their narrative.

This simple technique shows that combining two female ovum could also be used to produce offspring without a sperm, but the procedure is banned based on the current "anti-cloning" language in our laws. The religious-driven portion of the Right hates the idea that Lesbians can reproduce, and it doesn't fit into the Left's population control schemes, so the effect is a state of de-facto chemical-castration for all Lesbians who desire to have children together.

I think the best way to expand on the idea (legally) would be to piggy-back on how the UK regulates it somehow (or simply create an underground lab) in Canada where American Lesbians couple could go to have children. If it was a for-profit operation, would they need any funding from the Canadian government (currently dominated by Global Warming propagators)?
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm

How would the US Judicial system respond when the baby girl of 2 American (female) Citizens asserted her rights of Citizenship? Would the ban on cloning prevent her from being fully human in the eyes of the Court? I doubt it, what would probably happen instead is a collapsing of the anti-cloning regulations to protect people from malicious procedures only, and stop allowing their over-reaching power to effectively chemically-castrate the 4 million lesbians in our society.

If the technology is there and they are not allowed to use it, how is that different from the barbaric practices of the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries where gays and lesbians were jailed and "re-trained" with chemicals and other torturous medical procedures?
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Dec 14, 2017 1:29 pm

I have not read thtrough your replies in detail, however medical research is one field where Canada is doing okay. The people driving the research usually appear to be small companies with one employee. These people are not necessarily into cloning but are inventing new devices and procedures to make conventional medicine easier & hopefully make a few dollahs for themselves in the process. The competition and bureaucratic requirements for a bigger operation are daunting and becoming even more so. They are looking to invent patents. Once you have a viable medical patent you can go places. Even if you are moving on to something new you can sell the patent $$$$$ or move on.

Due to Canada's "process" fixation, these companies often stay small. Trade secrets and intellectual property protection is common.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Return to Interests