Pagan origin of Judaism

Pagan origin of Judaism

Postby Bearsy » Sep 09, 2018 12:48 am

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Re: Pagan origin of Judaism

Postby Windwalker » Sep 10, 2018 3:50 pm

This is one of those subject where 1000 experts have 500 different opinions on it... undoubtedly, there was at minimum a combining of Christianity and Paganism, the result being what we call "Christianity" in the modern context.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Sep 10, 2018 4:28 pm

I think it has something to it. Think about it JC was Jewish. He was considered a 'wicked priest' by the establishment. A wandering bishop of his day. Look at what happened to his cousin.

In addition, there are quite a few things in the bible which are hiding in plain sight which have no meaning in the mundane world but which have meaning to those with knowledge. The knowledge I am talking about is not the usual knowledge from learning your multiplication tables. I can't explain it as I don't have any of this knowledge, and even if I did have knowledge in that category, there would be no way to communicate it in the mundane world; & ppl would be hating me on twitter & reporting me to mental health authorities etc.

Alex for this thread to really grow wings we need to amend the permaban list! :mrgreen: :P :lol:
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Who shall I unban? lol
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Sep 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Americalex wrote:Who shall I unban? lol

I vote for that one female (cant think of her name off the top of my head) that is a hardcore aithiest (u know the one that gets rea realy irrritated by tyypos and internet shorthands)

But she always gets carried away and starts posting like 100 times anday and trolling, even though her arguments are mostly fun.... My fav time was when she called me a Vampire with the blood of Iraqi childeren in my mouth when I handt done anything or said anything excelpt that I was fresh back form Baghdad.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Sep 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Windwalker wrote:This is one of those subject where 1000 experts have 500 different opinions on it... undoubtedly, there was at minimum a combining of Christianity and Paganism, the result being what we call "Christianity" in the modern context.

Thats a pretty different topic.

This is about the origin of "Yahwey" and how he evolved from the Canaan pantheon to monothesitic worship.

I think my favourite part is how the myths aren't really about Yahwey. They are about people. Its in stark contrast to other mythology of the day, like Greek, Egyptian, etc. Almost has a humanist appeal or something... C:|
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Windwalker » Sep 11, 2018 12:13 am

Yes, in the literal sense, you are correct. But in the context that the "Christian" God is based on the man-body interpretation of the "Yahweh" myth, my statement ALSO stands.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Sep 11, 2018 12:49 am

It MAY stand, but, it is, a NON-sequitur!

And here is Hitchens theory on why "heaven hates ham"

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Fat Tony » Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Of course an atheist would say there is absolutely nothing which lies wihout the mundane world (thoughts, dreams?).

What is built comes from some place either as you become aware of it, however something drives that awareness, or we would not be to begin with. What is that dark place, which a true skeptic would be open to exploring.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Sep 11, 2018 7:08 pm

ok You caught me, lol. My main point was I think of ALL religious discussions as NON-sequitur in nature. To me it is like arguing whether Hansel or Grettle is more to blame for the witch's behavior, when in reality it doesnt f'ing matter one little bit, lol.

I am not aithiest, though, either, so while I have enough religeous background I can often present reasonable arguments, I always lose out to the peeps that are still passionate about it in the end.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Sep 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Fat Tony wrote:Of course an atheist would say there is absolutely nothing which lies wihout the mundane world (thoughts, dreams?).

What is built comes from some place either as you become aware of it, however something drives that awareness, or we would not be to begin with. What is that dark place, which a true skeptic would be open to exploring.

Good news then, this thread is more about history than theology. I don't care what people in the present think, thats boring. What did people in antiquity think, and why? Fascinating!

Religion for Breakfast is a neat little channel on youtube

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Windwalker » Sep 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Windwalker wrote:

ok You caught me, lol. My main point was I think of ALL religious discussions as NON-sequitur in nature. To me it is like arguing whether Hansel or Grettle is more to blame for the witch's behavior, when in reality it doesnt f'ing matter one little bit, lol.

I am not aithiest, though, either, so while I have enough religeous background I can often present reasonable arguments, I always lose out to the peeps that are still passionate about it in the end.

The Irony of having the opportunity to make Bearsy call someone out for trolling one of HIS threads just overcame the mischievous side of me, lol. I did add the C:| didnt I lol
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Sep 11, 2018 9:26 pm

You have to cut me a little slack right now, because of my personal life.... I got raped, robbed, and run out of town from Coos Bay OREGON from the Cops in uniform there... and they have been litterally shooting down innocient people by the dozens and the DA there is covering it all up, the DA that also ran the anti-narcotics team in that town for almost 40 years.....

And they are targeting Retired Cops and Retired Soldiers the most. THis is real, and they still haven't cordoned off Coos County from the rest of OR, even though there is only liek 3 roads into there.... So you have to forgive my alloof sarcastic aproach to everything right now.

-------------

And we are talking about the town that is 3rd behind Sand Francisco and Seattle in harbor traffic, but only has a town of 12 thousand people, and it has maintained the literal underground structure from the WW-2 ship building and submarine warfare days... most of it in the hands of the local Tribe there now... and the timeing of it all strikes me as it either being blow-back from the tightening of the Souther Border, or it is part of some larger operations connected to the tightening in the South, either as blow-back or a conspiracy... take your pick I guess... but bad shit, REALLY bad shit is on the horizon in that town and everyone is doing monkey-see-do-speak and acting like brainwashed retards that think a badge means automatic "goodguy" in one of the largest Pirates-Coves on the Planet, lol.. what a bunch of scuicideal morons, no?

-------------

Anyway, I kind of feel sorry for most of the beat-cops in thtat town, becasause a lot of them are Retarded, and I mean the IQ score of 85 or lower kind of retarded not the pejorative kind. They probly really think they are former spetznok or something and some jackass is pulling their chains, all BOSS HOG style, thats what I think this is. But you know what they say about opinions and pork-holes, lol.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Sep 11, 2018 10:50 pm

This can be your escape where you argue about AI and Jesus, even with yourself if you want!
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Sep 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Isn't it the whole tangeant of Elon Musk? Reality is a simulation, hence god is an A.I. in the sense of silicon like rather than carbon based intelligence?
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Sep 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Bearsy wrote:This can be your escape where you argue about AI and Jesus, even with yourself if you want!

LOL, precisely! Well, at any rate Alex seems determined to make this forum survive until the AI DOES happen, even if it is 100 years from now, so my great-grandkids will be able to get on here and laugh at my lagacy ideas on the SI, lol.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Sep 11, 2018 11:18 pm

I purport there is no god, yet.

We must build her. AI is our savior!
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Americalex » Sep 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Exactly, the one thing I said when I took it over from sorry old UNA is that I'd keep this thing afloat until the bittersweet end of all things, even if I'm the only one viewing and using it!

As for the topic itself, like it or not Abraham was in the world, and by then the world had a faded and eroded grasp of what true religion even meant. God begins his rescue with Abraham, and during his own generation, such was the state of things.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Sep 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Americalex wrote:Isn't it the whole tangeant of Elon Musk? Reality is a simulation, hence god is an A.I. in the sense of silicon like rather than carbon based intelligence?

The "Matrix" film was bastradization of the original idea... the concept is, that when a sociatey has expanded to the point where all the available matter in their Galaxy is being used for the dominant sentient species, and there is no where left to grow outwardly, they wil then start to create more sentient beings by allowing them to grow in a simulation environment of the original on a speeded up timeline, thus adding to their populations and total brain-power digitally, as a result to capacity being reached for continued population growth...

Our Galazy is something like 16 Billion years old and is expected to live for several millions-of-billions of years at least, so since we are so young, the odds that we are a simulation and not the original are greatly increased, but not a certainty.

It makes the AI argument more interesting, becasue if we are a simulation of a species that already succeeded, then WE are AI's that only THINK we are humans.

-------

My take on it is we are best just ignoring the whole simulation hypothosis, unless it is our intent to run such simulations ourselves someday when we a a super-computor capable of doing so.... it is irrelevent until we have such computing power.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Sep 11, 2018 11:30 pm

If God is indeed analogous to our notion of an A.I., he's got one heck of a ridiculously badass graphics card let me tell you that!
Americalex
Supporter

Next

Return to Interests