Fake news of the day

Postby Americalex » Apr 16, 2015 8:53 pm

ISIS threatens to destroy forest moon of Endor
http://lapravda.ca/detruire-la-lune-dendor/

Americalex
Supporter

Re: Fake news of the day

Postby Windwalker » Apr 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I once read a satirical article on how the Forrest Moon of Endor would have experienced an apocalyptic "nuclear winter" that would have destroyed almost all life there based on the proximity and size of the 2nd Death Star when it was detonated.

But considering that battle supposedly took place "a long, long time ago" I suppose it is possible the moon harbors life once again for ISIS to destroy, if only they could cross the damnable oceans of Galaxies in between them and Endor to make it possible. (And America thought they had the ultimate moat in WW2 of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans..... Interstellar Space is by far a more obtrusive obstacle, not that either seems to be an obstacle to ISIS claims of imminent world-domination, lol.)
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Apr 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Which brings the question, how many people did Luke massacre when he destroyed the death star? :D

Computer says: 1.2 billion lost their lives as he cheered and celebrated.

-----

Hillary Clinton To Nation: ‘Do Not Fuck This Up For Me’
http://www.theonion.com/articles/hillar ... for,38416/

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jul 26, 2017 7:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Meanwhile, Capt. Kirk could have crossed over from another universe; parked the Enterprise on the far side of a planet; and beamed about 5 kilos of antimatter into the Deathstar...BOOYAH!!!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jul 27, 2017 11:02 pm

"Beaming" probably wouldn't work in the Galaxy where Star Wars is set. Space-time there has been highly disrupted due to hundreds of thousands of years of over-using the "hyperspace" tecnology. Most vessels in Star-Wars do not even have edvanced enough hyperdrive computers to stray from the established trade-routes.

If you tried to "beam" something there, without a ship shielding it, if it wasn't sucked deep into some unknown corner of hyperspace never to be seen again, it would instead be attacked and consumed by midichloreans.

If the Enterprise were to suddenly appear in the Star Wars galaxy, they would need to conserve their anti-matter to power their impulse drives until they could either a) retrofit a locally-produced navi-computer to their warp-coil, or b) hire a force-sensitive pilot from the indiginous population with the ability to jump through hyperspace by free-sticking it.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Jul 28, 2017 5:09 am

How about a quantum singularity drive like the romulans use?
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Windwalker » Jul 28, 2017 11:01 am

I believe the Borg also used a quantum singularity drive. You could probably use it (or the "standard" warp engines) from Star Trek, it would just be extremely risky.

The mechanics of the "hyperdrive" technology in Star Wars isn't well defined, except to the extent that it fits into the story. What we can concluded from what we have been shown, is that it is some sort of "wormhole" related technology that pulls you to-and-fro between gravity sinks. It has been used so much, that these wormholes through spacetime act like "magnets" sucking any ships attemptiing to manipulate space-time into them and spitting them out at the nearest star or black hole.

The Star Wars galaxy is riddled with a complex web of these wormholes, many of which have become extrememly unstable, as space-time threatens to colapse the entire galaxay into a massive black-hole... An example of one such worm-hole would be the one General Grevious used for his surprise attack on Corrusant at the beginning of episode 3. He was able to skirt around the Rupublic defenses stacked up on the regular "trade routes" by using an old wormhole from 1000's of years ago that had become extremely unstable (thus why the navi-comouters were programmed to avoid it). The cost was 30% of Grevious's fleet of warships were destroyed or extremely damaged on the way to the battle, and of the ships that made it, they all popped-out randomely facing in every direction in Corussant's upper atmosphere.

Using any type of drive that relies on altering spacetime in the Star Wars universe without a navi-computer would not only be extremely risky due to the underlying web of unstable wormholes (like a spiderweb in hyperspace) but you would also be rolling the dice every time you hit the "engage" button of being bounced too close to a super-nova or slamming into a star.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jul 29, 2017 12:43 am

Plus, Federation regulations demand attempting to make contact before engaging.....

And we all know what happens to peeps dumb enough to open a viewscreen with someone so tuned-in to the rifts of energy ripping the Galaxy apart that he can telekenetically crush someone's asophogus from millions of lightyears away....
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Aug 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Well... I couldnt get anyone to bite on my ST vs SW argument, so I will just simply "spill" the central point I was arguing from.........

It is basically irrelivant if the Enterprise would have had a technological advantage in the SW galaxy or not. Vader (who was taking one from his "master's" playbook and was actually invested in the Rebel Alliance and the Empire) would have remotely mind-probed all the key leaders of the Enterprise, force-choked all the threats, and promoted someone to Captain (probably Spock or Chekov) whom he could manipulate for his purposes either as an Alliance general or as a Captain for the Empire.

Could Vader have allowed some rougue ship to destroy the DS instead of his son without disrupting his plot to overthrough Sideous? It may have worked... but there would have been more variables involved. Vader/Annakin was often considered wild and unpredictable, but in a cunning way, not a wreckless way. He was destined to win no matter how it came about.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Aug 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Anakin Skywalker was the "chosen one"..... created by the Forces of the Soul of a galaxy desperately fighting to prevent itself from imploding into a massive black hole. There is NO technilogical response to a power of this magnitude. Neither the Jedi Order, the Sith Conspiracy, or any outside force could possibly hope to "stand up" to a Galactic Soul in full-blown survival mode.

The power of one small exploratory vessel with a anti-matter containment field from a virgin galaxy is insignificant when compared to the Force.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Aug 09, 2017 3:10 am

Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 22, 2017 8:29 am

Green Countries condemning the US for moving its Embassy to Jerusalem.

This one belongs in the "Fake News" thread because it is total bullshit. There is absolutely no way a majority of the Citizens in all of the greens here agrees with their Governments' decision (that is, that the best way to deal with terrorists and islamists is to pretend they don't exist and let the next elected official deal with it later). More lies from the "Islamo-Humanist" (to borrow Americalex's term) in Western Europe. The time is rapidly approaching for Europeans to Take their Countries back, and make Europe Great Again.

-----

Maybe they should stop worrying so much about how many puny rockets and stones the Palestinians might have a temper tantrum and throw this week, and instead start worrying about the festering network of terrorism currently metastasizing across every city and hamlet in Western Europe.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Dec 22, 2017 10:11 am

Well said,

Humanists are fallen under the sway of a strong delusion, they'd rather kick the can all the way down the cliff then admit to any misdirection and wrongdoing or cowardice.. they'll keep towing the line even though it means self destruction out of vainglorious arrogance.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Dec 22, 2017 10:55 am

When The Donald announced that Jerusalem was indeed the capital of Israel, I said, "Well, no shit, Sherlock--that's where the Knesset is." If someone is butthurt about this announcement, then I will allow that to be his problem.

The only thing that I'd have done differently would that I would have announced that we're also building an embassy to the State of Palestine in (East) Jerusalem. If someone is butthurt about this announcement, then I will allow that to be his problem.

That's right: I'm an equal opportunity shit-stirrer.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Bayowolf wrote:When The Donald announced that Jerusalem was indeed the capital of Israel, I said, "Well, no shit, Sherlock--that's where the Knesset is." If someone is butthurt about this announcement, then I will allow that to be his problem.

The only thing that I'd have done differently would that I would have announced that we're also building an embassy to the State of Palestine in (East) Jerusalem. If someone is butthurt about this announcement, then I will allow that to be his problem.

That's right: I'm an equal opportunity shit-stirrer.

That would take away the desired effect. Trump wants the terrorism-apologists and the fake media in western Europe to get all bent out of shape over this issue. While they are busy turning their media wing against themselves (like they do here) because they hate Trump so much, Trump is sitting back in his easy-chair in Florida enjoying Christmas as the REAL story flies under the radar, that is billions of corporate capital flooding away from the markets in Europe back to the US. The Israel announcement is just a cover for the tax-overhaul that is expected to drain money from Europe and send it back to the US....

The European leaders could give less than 2 shits about Israel OR Palestine, what they care about is not upsetting the trade deals they have set up with islamist and terrorism supporting actors. Its time to start "draining the swamp" in Europe, and bringing back American corporations (that have moved there for the sole purpose of garnering lower tax-rates) was a brilliant first move on Trump's part, given Trump's stated goals.

Its not hard (apparently) to distract and manipulate a mechanism which is based on emotionalism and its accompanying sensationalist media, no matter what Continent you do it on.... such is their vehemence that they will take the Trump-bashing-bate every time (even if it means letting Trump dismantle and reconfigure their economy behind the scenes unchecked).
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Dec 22, 2017 2:51 pm

I was disappointed by the votes of many countries,

Mexico, Canada, Australia = Only abstained for fear of harming economic interests.

New Zealand, Switzerland, Norway, Poland, Japan, Korea, even Singapore = Not impressed at all.

But I look forward to seeing the defunding of the many states that stirred up this vote, or the extent thereof.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 23, 2017 11:38 am

Americalex wrote:I was disappointed by the votes of many countries,

Mexico, Canada, Australia = Only abstained for fear of harming economic interests.

New Zealand, Switzerland, Norway, Poland, Japan, Korea, even Singapore = Not impressed at all.

But I look forward to seeing the defunding of the many states that stirred up this vote, or the extent thereof.

Its a move every American President has promised Israel they would make once elected for several decades, but then they never actually do it after talking to our "allies" that have their economies enmeshed with islamists and terrorists. A non-vote is the same as voting with the US on this issue, just in a cowardly way, since it is a non-binding bill anyway that the US would have Veto power over even if it wasn't non-binding.... Just a big waste of time and a distraction, I wish the US would have abstained from voting as well.

Lets not fool ourselves, the only real function of the UN in 2018 is to be a check on the US Military. If Western Europe wants to pretend otherwise (like they can still keep buying oil and coal from armed terrorists groups while letting terrorists groups run-amuck across Europe) they are going to end up on the front lines of a religious Armageddon. (which is fine if that's what Europe want to elect leaders for, just give us time to pull all of the American $$ out of their shit-hole first.)

If Europe wants to give up on its ancient, proud, and colorful cultural-heritage, and allow themselves to become a 2nd middle-east so their elected leaders can line their pockets with money, they can at least do so without being able to say "the US didn't even tried to warn us!"
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Dec 28, 2017 2:12 am

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Windwalker » Dec 28, 2017 8:22 am

Bearsy wrote:https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/12/trump-makes-up-that-hes-signed-more-laws-than-any-president-since-truman.html

How does it make you feel when Trump answers quantitative questions with qualitative answers, in a braggartly, condescending tone? Does it infuriate you or just irritate you?
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Dec 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Trump doesn't irritate me as much as his deplorable idiots do. Theres nothing qualitative about his statement, its just a bald faced lie aka fake news.
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Next

Return to Events