Doofus of the day

Doofus of the day

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 03, 2013 6:39 pm

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- The latest argument for the city of San Diego footing the bill to defend its mayor in a sexual harassment lawsuit is that he never received state-required sexual harassment training, his attorney says. {Emphasis added.}

The argument was made in a letter to City Attorney Jan Goldsmith. Filner's lawyer Harvey Berger said the training was scheduled but the city trainer canceled and did not reschedule.

Filner may not be facing a lawsuit today if he had undergone the classes, Berger wrote.

The City Council has already unanimously voted to deny Filner any taxpayer money for the case. The council has also voted unanimously to sue Filner to require him to pay for any damages or attorney fees out of his own pocket if the city is held liable.

Eight women have come forward, alleging Filner made unwanted sexual advances. Seven of the nine council members are urging Filner to resign.

But Filner, who is 70 and divorced, is refusing to step down. Instead, he plans to enter two weeks of "intensive" therapy Aug. 5.

"Hey, wait a minute!! So, you're telling me, that it's not OK to 'yoke' a woman, lick her across the face while demanding that she (A) kiss me and (B) leave her underwear at home??? Gee, I did not know that!! That's good to know!!"

What. A. Fucking Idiot.
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
~~George Orwell

"[A] nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
~~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Bayowolf
Supporter

Re: Doofus of the day

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 04, 2013 1:34 pm

*+*+*+BUMP!!!!!!!!!!+*+*+*
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
~~George Orwell

"[A] nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Aug 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Bayowolf wrote:*+*+*+BUMP!!!!!!!!!!+*+*+*

You can't bump or post doofuses without at least embedding an image of the doofus in question! :lol:
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Hephaestos » Aug 04, 2013 3:47 pm

How repulsive, the pervert Filner must not only be forced from office but should also go to prison and be required to register as the sex offender he is. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer and now Bob Filner geesh the democrat party sure has a lot of sickos in its roster.
The truth is like a lion, you don't have to defend it. Let it loose, it will defend itself. - St. Augustine of Hippo
Hephaestos
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 05, 2013 11:37 am

Americalex wrote:
Bayowolf wrote:*+*+*+BUMP!!!!!!!!!!+*+*+*

You can't bump or post doofuses without at least embedding an image of the doofus in question! :lol:
Number 1, I think the plural for "doofus" is "doofi" or, if we're talking about females, "doofae". Well, maybe not.

Number 2, "Ask, and it shall be given to you..."

Shit, if I looked like this, I'd resort to sexual harassment too. Nah! I'm a better man than that. Anyway, if my dog had a face like that, I'd shave his ass and make him walk backwards!

Hephaestos wrote:...geesh the democrat party sure has a lot of sickos in its roster.

Get a grip! Obviously, I need to remind you about:

• Newt Gingrich who cheated on his second wife, while, at the time, leading the charge against a President for doing the same thing. Ol' Newtie sent his second wife divorce papers in the hospital where she was recovering from cancer surgery. What a class act!
  • Mark Foley, who liked to portray himself a defender of children (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/30/AR2006093001177.html), turned to be not only a sexual harasser, but a pedophile as well.
  • Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) another family-values-lovin' pol who cheated on his wife with prostitutes. The rumors flying around that Vitter liked to be dressed up in adult diapers while at the brothel are what catapult this into an "Oh-this-must-be-a-Republican" sex scandal. Later, he would co-sponsor the "Marriage Protection Amendment" along with...
  • Sen. Larry "Wide Stance" Craig (R-ID) whose adventures in a airport bathroom and his defense/denial of it would have made him a "Doofus of the Day" had I started this thread back then.
  • Bob Packwood
  • and the list goes on
  • and on
  • and on.

The commonality of the members of this list is that they are hypocrites. Ah, I bet you thought that I was going to say that they're Republicans, huh? Well, that goes without saying.
~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Hephaestos » Aug 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Bayowolf wrote:Get a grip! Obviously, I need to remind you about:
  • Newt Gingrich who cheated on his second wife, while, at the time, leading the charge against a President for doing the same thing. Ol' Newtie sent his second wife divorce papers in the hospital where she was recovering from cancer surgery. What a class act!
  • Mark Foley, who liked to portray himself a defender of children (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/30/AR2006093001177.html), turned to be not only a sexual harasser, but a pedophile as well.
  • Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) another family-values-lovin' pol who cheated on his wife with prostitutes. The rumors flying around that Vitter liked to be dressed up in adult diapers while at the brothel are what catapult this into an "Oh-this-must-be-a-Republican" sex scandal. Later, he would co-sponsor the "Marriage Protection Amendment" along with...
  • Sen. Larry "Wide Stance" Craig (R-ID) whose adventures in a airport bathroom and his defense/denial of it would have made him a "Doofus of the Day" had I started this thread back then.
  • Bob Packwood
  • and the list goes on
  • and on
  • and on.
The commonality of the members of this list is that they are hypocrites. Ah, I bet you thought that I was going to say that they're Republicans, huh? Well, that goes without saying.

Yeah there are indeed Republicans who commit sexual misconduct but the difference is none of these Republican scandals erupted simultaneously (in other words they are relatively few and far between as the dates of the scandals you mentioned shows) while the democrat party has three all at the exact same time!
The truth is like a lion, you don't have to defend it. Let it loose, it will defend itself. - St. Augustine of Hippo
Hephaestos
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah there are indeed Republicans who commit sexual misconduct but the difference is none of these Republican scandals erupted simultaneously (in other words they are relatively few and far between as the dates of the scandals you mentioned shows) while the democrat party has three all at the exact same time!

If, by using the phrase "erupted simultaneously" that the three stories broke within the same 5.5 year period, then you are correct: The earliest of the scandals--the one involving Eliot Spitzer--broke March 10, 2008. However, that's not how most people use the word "simultaneous". Hell, the Vitter, Foley, and Craig scandals erupted simultaneously...if we go by the 5.5 -year standard.

As my sainted Grandmother once told me: "People who perforce and are constrained to be domiciled in vitreous structures should, in no wise, employ petrous formations as projectiles."
~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Hephaestos » Aug 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Bayowolf wrote:If, by using the phrase "erupted simultaneously" that the three stories broke within the same 5.5 year period, then you are correct: The earliest of the scandals--the one involving Eliot Spitzer--broke March 10, 2008. However, that's not how most people use the word "simultaneous". Hell, the Vitter, Foley, and Craig scandals erupted simultaneously...if we go by the 5.5 -year standard.

As my sainted Grandmother once told me: "People who perforce and are constrained to be domiciled in vitreous structures should, in no wise, employ petrous formations as projectiles."

Correct but all three are back in the headlines for various reasons the Spitzer and Weiner scandals have resurfaced because the sickos have the audacity to run for office again and in Weiner's case to send lewd photos of his junk to various girls including a 17 year old Delaware girl. The Republican scandals you mentioned went away quickly because the offenders either did not run for public office again or sincerely repented as in the case of Vitter.
Hephaestos
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 09, 2013 10:46 am

A new Doofus of the Day:

Now, let's put it to music.

~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Aug 11, 2013 12:43 am

Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 11, 2013 3:00 pm

^^^
3 Points:
  1. LMFAO!!
  2. What is that shit that she stealing, um..., picking?
  3. The "alley property" is probably the property of the lady behind the fence (see "Easement").
~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Glades » Aug 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Here are two good ones

United we stand
Glades
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Aug 12, 2013 8:51 pm

LMFAO!!!

I especially loved the second video wherein we got to see two doofuses for the price of one!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Hephaestos » Aug 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Hephaestos
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Sep 01, 2013 11:58 am

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

The Zombie Apocalypse is here!

~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Nov 21, 2017 4:47 am

Franken-Stein: This mythical beast sneaks into peoples bedrooms at night and gropes them in their sleep as punishment for emmitting carbon-dioxide.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Nov 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks, Wind'! I forgot all about this thread--probably because I was banned once or twice since then.

Anyway, regarding the above post....

...a Wise Man about 4 weeks ago wrote:Why are you guys stuck in the garbage partisan left right loonie fake wrestling fagness tough? You really buy that shit and take pride from participating in the batshit crazy trash?
~~George Orwell

Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Nov 23, 2017 4:23 am

Bayowolf wrote:Thanks, Wind'! I forgot all about this thread--probably because I was banned once or twice since then.

Anyway, regarding the above post....

...a Wise Man about 4 weeks ago wrote:Why are you guys stuck in the garbage partisan left right loonie fake wrestling fagness tough? You really buy that shit and take pride from participating in the batshit crazy trash?

Lols, I just cant get over seeing a sitting Senator intentionally posing for an image like that.

The Clintons are not part of "the garbage partisan left/right looni[ness]" they are organized criminals involved in numorous felonies that usurped the Democrat Party and peddled their power and influence to subvert the DNC into a subordinate relationship with the 2016 Clinton Campaign for the White House.

All this smut that appears to be "suddenly" manifesting (in my opinion) is a side efdect of Clinton losing the election: as their criminal-network, that is infused into the Federal Government like a parasite, begins to unravel, the periphery members will start to turn and cut deals with e new government to avoid charges.

Dueches like Weinstein and Franken, no longer protected by the criminal-elements of the Democrat Party, will be the first of many to take a fall. When we start pushing against the murderers, fraudsters, money-launderers, and other more serious members, we will likely see them try to bring the wall of protection (what they use the DNC for) back up.

----------

I like to think this could be the Dems opportunity to clean house. They had an existential crisis when Segregation was banned, as prior to that most of their members we pro-seggrefation Southern Whites. They were able to re-brand themselves then and survive, but if the DNC is unwilling to accept they are in another crisis, they are going to harm themselves badly over the next decade.

One look at the exit poll data from 2016 makes it obvious. Clinton got a lot of votes from the big cities, but if you break it down by age and party affiliation, only about a quarter of Democrats under 30 years old voted for Hillary (I am assuming most of the desentors wrote-in for Bernie).

Democrats who put their head in the sand and pretent things are currently in a state of business-as-usual are basically acting as a millstone around the Party's engorged, fleshy neck.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Nov 23, 2017 4:45 am

I don't think of Obama as a doofus, but I thouht he should get an honorable mention for sitting in the White House for 8 years and only producing one major change (obamacare) that wasn't done by executive order. Pretty much everything he did from 2011 on has already been undone by the current government, and he went all-out getting the ACA passed in 2009-2010 at the expense of doing anything else.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Bearsy » Nov 23, 2017 6:08 pm

WTF bro. Dodd-Frank?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_Uni ... egislation

This Congress has been considered one of the most productive Congresses in history in terms of legislation passed since the 89th Congress, during Lyndon Johnson's Great Society.

Obama got shit done when he didn't have a brain dead tea party/freedom caucus republican congress

Meanwhile under Trumps first republican congress - 1 Year in, 1 Year to go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/115th_Uni ... egislation

ACA is standing the test of time. Meanwhile the tax reform these guys want is unsustainable it will be repealed as soon as dems get office.

But i will cede that you're right. One democrat can't get good things done. You need a majority of them.
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Next

Return to People