quebec what to do with it

quebec what to do with it

Postby superz » Jun 07, 2012 2:09 am

while i suppurt canada joing as a whole there is the issue of quebec i would love for it to become a state but for some resson that might not be able to happen it could becom independant free to start
it on govermeant or it could become part of a commen wealth like control overe its laws like a state
but wouldint be able to vote in congeress or president but is it did become welth there should be a vote ever 5 year to see if they wise to becom a stat from there it up to congerss.
the souls of one billon with a will to opresse is not worth the souls of one with a will of freedom
superz
Observer

Re: quebec what to do with it

Postby NWDave83 » Jun 08, 2012 10:12 pm

I basicly think the same thing. I would like it to be a state.... but find it very unlikely.
NWDave83
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Jun 09, 2012 8:46 am

The funny thing is that support for joining the US is something like double in Quebec what it is in the rest of Canada.

If Quebec were in a position to lobby for Statehood, and there was popular support, you would get resistance from the far right here in the States. They would use the language differences as their excuse but in reality it would be about trying to prevent a liberal leaning population from entering and further disrupting the political balance.

I was hoping that Puerto Rico would serve as an example of how there could be a State with a majority of non-English speakers, but alas, the last I read the once popular Statehood movement there may have lost enough steam for the vote this coming election to fail.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby NWDave83 » Jun 09, 2012 5:05 pm

where did you hear that about PR?
NWDave83
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Sep 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Seriously, who writes like that?

It sounds like somebody who is making typographical errors on purpose in order to purposefully mask their natural/normal writing style. That or someone typing on a phone lol
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Lord Don-Jam » Sep 24, 2013 3:54 am

Americalex wrote:Seriously, who writes like that?

It sounds like somebody who is making typographical errors on purpose in order to purposefully mask their natural/normal writing style. That or someone typing on a phone lol

Far too many people (like me) who have had their education funded by the state and who (unlike me) have not been able to pick up at least some of it from else where afterwards. ("One in five [British] children leave primary school unable to read, write and add up properly" - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... perly.html)
Fiat justitia ruat caelum - Let justice be done though the heavens fall
Lord Don-Jam
Observer

Postby Americalex » Nov 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Well if its because he's not used to that no problem.

In response to his observations I'd add my input that, suppose if it doesn't work with Canada, or with the USA, Quebec might have an opportunity to start some new type of confederation with the nordic countries, which might be extended later to include other neighboring nations. All the concepts and notions that maybe the bigger blocs are too dogmatized about to consider implementing might be achievable in a brand new type of Arctic arrangement..

Who knows, the U.S. might implode and chunks of it would want to join that :D
Americalex
Supporter

Return to Debate