Separatist movements after annexation

Separatist movements after annexation

Postby TAWM » Oct 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Hello this is my first post on here. I'm taking the observer status because while it would be awesome to unite almost the entire continent of North America I do have concerns about annexation if it does happen.

Separatism movements in Canada are a real thing where is in the United States they are not. Quebec almost did vote to leave Canada for example and the remain vote won by less 1%. In the US states can't leave the union and that was decided by the American Civil War. US territories have and can leave the United States i.e. Philippines being a well known example. However in modern times even in the US territories you don't have any real separatist movements. Hell Puerto Rico finally voted for statehood for the first time. If it wasn't for the protest of a lot of Puerto Ricans not showing up to vote it would be very hard to deny them statehood for those who are against it in the United States.

In Canada you have long standing Quebec separatism and now you have Albertans thinking about leaving Canada as well. If Canada was to be annexed by the United States do you all think these groups would just go away? I'm kind of doubtful of that at in regards to Quebec because they have wanted their own nation state for a long time now. Albertans I'm worried about them becoming a state in the United States being happy for a year or two and then a vote goes down in the federal government that they don't like and them going "You know what it's been fun as a state but I think it's time we try being our own country."

I'd also be worried about other groups in Canada like the monarchists and those who trace their lineage back to the loyalists and other groups that were disenfranchised by the United States trying to start separatist movements. I'm just curious as to what you all think would happen if Canada gets annexed by the United States in regards to separatist movements. Call me cynical but I just don't think a lot of these groups are going to magically disappear and I really don't know how the US Government would deal with them.

I have more concerns as well but I'll post them in another topic because this to me deserves it's own topic and needs an in depth conversation.
TAWM
Observer

Re: Separatist movements after annexation

Postby Americalex » Oct 12, 2017 9:43 pm

OMG man I just finished writing a long winded complehensive response to your post and then everything was lost as I got prompted to login again. :oops: Pro tip: always control-c your post before hitting submit = a nice habit to have in order to not be filled with desponsdance. I'll give it another shot later once the jinx dissipates enough. It's very dissapointing because my response was very well formulated.
Let's face it, islamo-humanity is hellbent on genociding judeo-christendom.
Americalex
Supporter

Re: Separatist movements after annexation

Postby TAWM » Oct 14, 2017 1:10 pm

I look forward to your response
TAWM
Observer

Return to Debate