Domino Theory the only way annexation would work?

Domino Theory the only way annexation would work?

Postby TAWM » Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Okay, I came to this site after seeing a couple videos on YouTube over the last couple of weeks in regards to the possible annexation of Canada into the United States.

*Jackass who references material from this site...I'm calling him a jackass because he is solely advocating annexation because he believes his political party the democrats will benefit from it. That is a shitty reason for annexation.

*Not really about annexing Canada into the United States...instead it's about creating an Anglo nation and references the poll from this site.

One of my hobbies is doing YouTube videos and I wanted to do an in-depth video on this topic from the American perspective. You have the Canadian perspective in most videos made on this subject some in-depth, a lot aren't and a lot are/were just "OH MY GOD WE CAN'T BE ABSORBED BY THE EVIL AMERICANS!!!" type of videos.

I want to do a video that just goes over the pros and cons as well as how it would work if Canada was annexed from the American point of view. So I plan to ask some questions creating different topics on the matter.

The question for this topic is for annexation to work doesn't Canada basically need to fall apart?

Anglo-Canadian identity in a large part fueled by Anti-Americanism which comes from loyalists who went to Canada after the American War of Independence. I don't really see how you override generations of Anglo-Canadians telling their kids "Were better than those Americans" which was initially fueled by anger and revenge over the war of independence and now centuries later seems to be fueled by envy. The teenage girl description of Anglo-Canada being polite to your face and then talking shit behind your back and jealous that it doesn't get attention seems to be pretty accurate in regards to the darker side of Anglo-Canadian identity.

In reality Canada would have to take a kill shot i.e. either Alberta or Quebec separating from Canada and essentially having Canada collapse as a country before it would agree to be annexed by the United States. Quebec leaving is a real possibility and Alberta leaving seems like it's becoming more of a possibility as well so the United States annexing Canada in the future isn't impossible...however from what I've seen it seems like this is the only realistic way for the United States to annex Canada. I just can't see the federal government of Canada wanting to be annexed by the United States.
TAWM
Observer

Re: Domino Theory the only way annexation would work?

Postby Bearsy » Oct 15, 2017 5:45 am

Anglo-Canadian identity in a large part fueled by Anti-Americanism which comes from loyalists who went to Canada after the American War of Independence.

I dare suggest the flip side then must be true of the American identity. American identity is very much fueled by anti-monarchy. Every American on this site that i've seen has said its a pre-requisite for Canada to drop the monarchy in order to join. No compromise on that front.
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby TAWM » Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Bearsy wrote:
Anglo-Canadian identity in a large part fueled by Anti-Americanism which comes from loyalists who went to Canada after the American War of Independence.

I dare suggest the flip side then must be true of the American identity. American identity is very much fueled by anti-monarchy. Every American on this site that i've seen has said its a pre-requisite for Canada to drop the monarchy in order to join. No compromise on that front.

Well considering that Article 1 Section 9 of the United States Constitution makes a monarchy illegal and the fact during the American Revolutionary War Americans hated nutjob King George it's no surprise Americans made Nobility illegal in the Constitution and that Americans still have a very negative view of monarchy to this day.
TAWM
Observer

Postby Bearsy » Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Ah so its understandable for Americans to hold a grudge but Canadians man you gotta let it go.
Radical Centrist
Bearsy
Opponent

Postby TAWM » Oct 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Bearsy wrote:Ah so its understandable for Americans to hold a grudge but Canadians man you gotta let it go.

It's not a grudge. We don't hate the British. The United States and the United Kingdom get along extremely well. Americans just think the idea of some jack ass being in charge of an entire nation just for being born into a certain family is retarded. That's one of the reasons why Jeb Bush did so horribly in the republican primary and one of the reasons why Hillary Clinton lost in the general election. Americans tend not to like nepotism and their are few differences between nepotism and aristocracy in practice.
TAWM
Observer

Postby Nuke » Oct 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Bearsy wrote:

I would actually be perfectly fine with our unified government being a monarchy. Opinions of monarchy have shifted in the US in recent years, and now it is fairly within the realm of reason. However, I would prefer Donald Trump as Emperor Donald I, and a male primogeniture mode of succession, rather than Queen Elizabeth II and gender-neutral succession.

TAWM wrote:Well considering that Article 1 Section 9 of the United States Constitution makes a monarchy illegal and the fact during the American Revolutionary War Americans hated nutjob King George it's no surprise Americans made Nobility illegal in the Constitution and that Americans still have a very negative view of monarchy to this day.

It isn't an entrenched clause, and can be repealed. As well, some Americans wanted a "George IV" and a Washington dynasty.
Nuke
Supporter

Return to Debate