USA and UK Reconsiliation.. What would N.Am look like after?

USA and UK Reconsiliation.. What would N.Am look like after?

Postby Windwalker » Apr 20, 2018 11:11 pm

What if the USA and the UK went through a reconciliation process and vigorously hammered out all the legal barriers that came up during the 1774-1789 rift that formed due to the American Revolutionary War. Having fully resolved any prior disagreements, it would be a simple thing for us to reunite. All of the Courts in the US, excepting Louisiana (State law there is based on the Nepolianic Code) and I think also mabye one of the puny States in New-Egland has some different basis, but otherwise all American Laws and our Court systems are all derived from English Law.

---------------

So for the purpose of this discussion, I was pondering, what would US and Canada relationship and the future of North America be if the USA and UK reunited again into one Nation, how would Canada want to fit back in in that Scenario? As part of the North American Community of the One Nation, or would they still want to stay an (politically) autonomous border region as they are currently?
Windwalker
Supporter

Re: USA and UK Reconsiliation.. What would N.Am look like af

Postby Fat Tony » Jul 23, 2018 11:36 pm

There would be the expectation among many former Canadians that certain traditions would continue. Then there would be a sizeable segment of the demographic who would want all of the protections of the US Constitution. The way a lot of Canadians carry on you would think Canada is already the 51st state. I am serious. You have to peruse the Cdn. firearms forums. It is shocking how many adult Canadians honestly think that the BATFE has juristiction in the North woods. I suspect there would be strife between the demographic who wants old Canuck traditions upheld and those who will demand that their fantasies (remember my BATFE example) match the expected reality.

Once again you are thinking way ahead. This will happen, only a gentle push will be needed. It might be a gentle push or a shotgun wedding. The mother country will be involved. Newfoundland is a good model for what that might look like. The primary difference will be that Canada is not a Colony of the UK. The folding plastic money & coin still has the image of the British queen on. There will be a lot of passive aggressive posturing to present Canada as a freelancer in the negotiations. In the conference rooms though, there will be no cameras. Meech Lake will be completed. The Meech Lake go around makes a lot of people uncomfortable. The second Quebec referendum makes a lot of people uncomfortable. I recall what a Slovenian Canadian man told me in 1990. Canada is finished. There is no desire to recognize the need to revisit Meech Lake.

The media dutifully supressing any reportage on where the Meech Lake failure leaves us puts Canada in a bad place. It is like goofing off and not doing your taxes. Then you keep putting it off. Then it becomes a huge bugbear. Then finally your biggest fear comes true. You have to declare bankruptcy to pay your taxes.

A historic example of this earplugging & acapella is the Army & Navy refusing to voluntarily cut out duplicate departments when Ottawa told them to do so in 1918. They kept paying lip service to Ottawa so Hellyer comes along and imposes the solution in 1968.

Ottawa snickers at Quebec's idea of Sovereignty association with Canada. The irony is that Ottawa insists there exists a similar sovereignty association Canada has with the USA, and it is real because we are special.the insistence on this from Ottawa must seem absurd to any US politician.
The Meech Lake failure & the second referendum are too close to the Balkan events from the 1980's onwards. So we live in denial & are content with distractions such as what colour socks the prime minister is wearing today.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jul 28, 2018 7:03 pm

A major sticking point in the proposed talks would be the Monarchy seeing as how most of the Founding Fathers (if not all of them) insisted that there shall never again be a Monarchy (nor any Nobility of any kind) in the 13 States (and, by extension, in the other 37 States).
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Bayowolf » Jul 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Ooops, I killed another thread! I gotta stop doing that! :shock:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
~~Sir Winston O'Boogie

"Free your mind and your ass will follow"
~~George Clinton
Bayowolf
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Jul 31, 2018 2:53 pm

lol not really, it's just that the forums themselves are clinically in a state of near death experience

It's a good thing that the limitations on federal governance (aka bor) were imposed by the states way back when the humanists injected their socialized federal constitution into your country.

But what about the original genuine articles of confederation which were usurped and supplanted by this scheming? Would monarchic states be able to join under this constitutional framework assuming it had not been uprooted?

For sure the articles of confederation were not humanist in the way which they mandated government for the defense of freedom against hostile religions such as islam etc.
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Aug 01, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi, I get you are talking about US articles but posted this here anyways.

The articles of confederation are barely holding together. The accord Nf worked out about offshore oil is one example. The reluctance of various levels of governments to poke sticks at various aboriginal groups (when there is just cause to do so) is another. These contortions are what is necessary due to the previously mentioned unresolved Meech Lake garbage, and they will get stranger and more and more complicated with the passage of time. The question is which one will be the watershed event & when will that come about if ever?

With the 'blue pill network' & the two others which are not much better if at all, the trudeau jr. camp is pushing dont worry be happy, forget nationalism, embrace peopledom& every living thing which swims crawls & flies. Presumably including botflies and disease infested leeches you can inhale. Why? I have a few thoughts on that. :P :mrgreen: :| :wink: :D

And ordering another case or five of Gold Bond Medicated Powder. This is going to be one of the hottest summers in years.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Return to Debate