Soviets begin their siege of Mariupol

Soviets begin their siege of Mariupol

Postby Americalex » Jan 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Pro-Russian rebel rockets kill at least 30 in Mariupol
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pro-russia ... -1.2930529

A major escalation in a conflict that is not headed towards any resolution..

Americalex
Supporter

Re: Soviets begin their siege of Mariupol

Postby Windwalker » Feb 01, 2015 12:23 pm

The "Soviets"................ LOL. I wonder if that is akin to referring to "Islamic State" or "The Caliphate" as ISIS? Though I doubt if the Russians would chop your head off for calling them the Soviets; many of them would more likely take it as a term of endearment in the current environment.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 02, 2015 1:07 pm

But honestly the more I look at things, like how Syriza took over in Greece, it is becoming clearer by the day that the Soviets didn't go away, they just went underground namely in the Russian Orthodox Church, and now they are making their cumback moves, basically I am starting to believe that they consider themselves actual soviets in the literal sense..
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

I would tend to agree. When the USSR collapsed, the KGB underwent a self-purge where only the super-loyal and those at the lower end of the competency scale remained. This super-loyal crowd, led by Putin, seem to be incrementally regaining their former influence over Russia's political structures.

-------------------------------------------------

The US and other Western Nations, however, are considering going full-blown in their support for the Ukraine and its military. If this happens we will see if Russia doubles-down on its support for the Rebels, risking a full scale conventional war with the West or not.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Feb 20, 2015 5:29 pm

3,088 Ukraine troops killed in Debaltseve: DPR
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/02/19 ... Debaltseve

A dramatically high death toll, no wonder they pulled out..
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm

I don't think we are going to get reliable numbers from this conflict from either side. I good measure would be to take the number of reported wounded from that sector (as these reports tend to be more accurate), and assume somewhere between .5 and .1 times that number were killed in action. For example, Ukraine is reporting 100 WIA, so it is a safe assumption the actual number of KIA was somewhere between 10 and 50, not 3000. I get the feeling Ukraine didn't even have that many total troops in that sector, lol.

I have been trying to put this conflict into perspective in my mind where I consider it from the Soviet's point of view.... They have willingly withdrawn from half of eastern Europe over the past few decades, only to have NATO and the EU come flooding in like a flock of vultures, chipping away at their former empire one piece at a time. And where is Russia now finally putting their foot down and drawing a line in the sand? When we start encroaching so deep that we are now trying to snatch up territory that is not only directly on Russia's border, but is populated by ethnic Russians.

Yes, the Russians are technically in breach of their own treaty-laws by providing direct support for the Rebels, but conflict was bound to happen eventually at the rate we were moving eastward toward Russia proper. I think even most Ukrainians knew a split with Russia would not go down peacefully, but would end as it has in open conflict. However, I also believe that most Ukrainians feel it is necessary to fight in order for their Nation to progress in the direction they want for their posterity. Not necessarily Nationalistic-fervor in the traditional sense, but in more of a "if you don't stand up to the schoolyard bully, he will never leave you alone" sense.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

If there was any doubt that the commies are back in town:

Zaur Dadaev, charged in Nemtsov murder, may have been tortured
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/zaur-dadae ... -1.2990005

"Confession obtained under extreme duress."

Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Oct 13, 2015 12:50 pm

This is a bit of old news.

I don't really have an opinion on Chechens. I don't see this as a romantic 19th century fable, similar to the period Western spin on the Soviet Afghan War. I see this as a new information to illustrate how muddied the waters have become in the Ukraine War. I don't see this as something where an outsider can pick sides like the FIFA World Cup. Muddied political waters - is this how WWI got its start? Anywho, happy belated Thanksgiving Day to my Cdn, Commonwealth, and American friends. :-)

Ukraine Today has a lot of interesting uploads. Regards, Tony.

Edit: It seems tha the Second Chechen War was simply declared over, & that outside observers and journalists are simply no longer there to record events. The younger Kadyrov is carrying on the war on behalf of the Russians, as the man in the vid says. Also it is plainly said that Chechens are also fighting on the side of the Russian separatists against the Ukrainian forces.
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Americalex » Oct 16, 2015 10:05 am

The Russian pseudo-christian humanists have pretty much aligned themselves with Shiia Islam... in the end it will backfire big time... just like the humanist elites who currently dominate most of the western world will experience their own backfire from aligning themselves with Sunni Islam.... Humanists will be humanists!
Americalex
Supporter

Postby Fat Tony » Oct 18, 2015 8:51 am

Hi, good sunday morning friends. The grenade he held up is (I think) a reworked round from the AGS-17 grenade launcher you see being fired in the clip as well.

There is a lot of consternation amongst average Cdns. that we are being targeted by dangerous foreigners with alien superstitions.

My opinion follows: Bill C-51 is the typical paper response by Canada to challenging situations. In reserve is ignorance and bigotry. There is nothing in place to truly 'protect' Cdns, just provisions to prosecute miscellaneous people.

Bad laws once they are on the books in Canada, are there for a long long time.

Sorry for going off topic.

Regards, Tony
eh
Fat Tony
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 23, 2017 1:47 pm

http://dailysignal.com/2017/12/21/trump-approves-us-lethal-weapons-sales-ukraine-angering-moscow/

KYIV, Ukraine—U.S. President Donald Trump has approved the sale of commercial lethal weapons to Ukraine, a pivotal decision that comes amid an escalation of Russia’s ongoing proxy war in the country’s embattled eastern Donbas region.

Trump has reportedly approved a $41.5 million deal for Tennessee-based Barrett Firearms Manufacturing to sell Model M107A1 sniper rifles, ammunition, and accessories to Ukraine....

Useful and Symbolic
After four years of constant combat, about 60,000 Ukrainian troops remain engaged in a static, trench warfare conflict against a combined force of about 35,000 pro-Russian separatists, foreign mercenaries, and Russian regulars.

The war is mostly fought at a distance using indirect fire weapons like artillery, rockets, and mortars. Snipers also frequently engage targets across no man’s land, which can vary in width from a few kilometers in some places, to other spots where the two sides are so close they can shout insults to one another.

While the Kremlin denies its hand in the war and Ukrainian officials officially refer to the conflict as an “anti-terror operation,” the two erstwhile allies have been locked in a de facto state of war since early 2014....

Based on U.S. Army testing, the rifle is capable of penetrating up to 1.18 inches of steel plate from 2,000 meters.

Front-line Ukrainian soldiers say the M107A1 will be well suited for the kinds of long-distance battles they currently face in the Donbas.

“It will definitely help us because most engagements are more than 500 meters from trench to trench, it even goes up to 2 kilometers,” said Anton Kolomoets, a 22-year-old soldier in the Ukrainian National Guard Azov Regiment, currently deployed outside the city of Mariupol at the southern end of the front lines.

Kolomoets told The Daily Signal that soldiers in his unit modify Soviet-era DShK machine guns with accessories bought off the internet—like advanced scopes, bipods, and new stocks—to fill the role of advanced, long-distance sniper rifles like the M107A1.

“This stuff is not as accurate as we need,” Kolomoets said of the modified Soviet weapons.

Volodymyr Pavlovich, a 31-year-old former Ukrainian sniper who served with the Ukrainian army’s 93rd Mechanized Brigade in the front-line town of Pisky, said he used a 1969 Soviet Dragunov sniper rifle in combat....

Beyond its battlefield utility, the U.S. weapons deal is a morale booster for Ukrainian troops as they endure their fourth consecutive winter at war against Russia and its separatist proxies.

“Of course this is a good decision,” Dmitry Dybus, a 23-year-old active-duty Ukrainian army soldier currently deployed to the eastern war zone, told The Daily Signal in an email, referring to the U.S. weapons deal.

“It will be a small, but really important step to re-arming the armed forces of Ukraine,” Dybus said. “And of course, it will be nice to stand in defense of the entire civilized world side by side with [the United States].”

The NATO strategy thus far is based on the following logic, "Putin cares more about Ukraine then we do, so sending more than medical supplies and food would be counter-productive as he would simple apply a little more Russia military resources than we would no matter how much we help." Trump is basically saying "Fuck Off" to Europe's idea of how to deal with stuff like this with this move. I am assuming the 41 million worth of top-of-the-line, battle-tested Sniper systems in the hands of Combat hardened snipers is a good way to say "Fuck Off" to anyone, lol.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Oh wow!

US is going to sell anti-tank guided ground-to-ground missile systems, too!!!

Its on, Mother Fuckers!

-------------

210 Jevelines w/ 35 launchers for them.
Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Dec 23, 2017 2:32 pm

wikipedia wrote:The FGM-148 Javelin is an American man-portable fire-and-forget anti-tank missile fielded to replace the M47 Dragon anti-tank missile in US service.[12] It uses an automatic infrared guidance that allows the user to seek cover immediately after launch, as opposed to wired guided systems, like the Dragon, where the user has to actively guide the weapon throughout the engagement. The Javelin's HEAT warhead is capable of defeating modern tanks by attacking them from above, and is also useful against fortifications in a direct attack flight

wikipedia wrote:M107

Caliber: .50 BMG (12.7×99mm)
Length: 1,448 mm (57.0 in)
Barrel length: 737 mm (29.0 in)
Weight (unloaded w/ scope): 12.9 kg (28.4 lb)
Magazine capacity: 11 rounds
Weight of magazine: 1.87 kg (4.1 lb)
Accuracy: 3 Minutes of Angle (MOA)
Muzzle velocity: 853 m/s (2,800 ft/s)
Effective Range: 1,829 m (6,001 ft)
Maximum Range: 6,812 m (22,349 ft)

Windwalker
Supporter

Postby Windwalker » Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Russia seems to be thinking right now is a "call the coalition's bluff" moment in history. They appear to be ramping up operations near Mariapol, including direct support from the RuAF, and a near constant bombardment of indirect fire.

They probably just figure the world is too busy focusing on Syria right now to notice, or something...

Meanwhile, the "experts" within the Russia military that surreptitiously weaseled their way onto Syrian terrain like the cowardly sycophants they truly are (that is, pretending they are there to PREVENT chemical attacks) came back within hours saying there was no evidence of the recent chemical attack in Douma, despite VIDEO EVIDENCE of recently-used poison gas canisters lying about in the open next to the dead victims. How much more of a vile, corrupt, lying, shifty weasel could the Soviet Commander in the region possibly be? Russian leaders have just gotten so used to having a bunch of brainwashed sycophants around them they really DO think they can do and say whatever they want, even if it puts them on the same page in history as people like Hitler and ISIS. They have truly become the monster they claim to fight, and don't seem to have any regard for the lives of the Sons and Daughters of Mother Russia. Shameful to see what was once a proud, Noble Country, Russia, being run by honer-less cowards with no dignity left in their souls, and no respect for their ancestors that built the Nation they now use as their tool for spreading lies, filth, death, and destruction around the world.

Here is what the Soviets have to offer the 21st century, along with the dead babies that were found next to it:

Syria has proven that an HONEST world would be a world where Putin's government is placed on the Terrorist list. And Putin seems to totally lack the ability to comprehend why there are military forces knocking on Russia's borders, and Russian influence around the globe is rapidly contracting like a naked man's cock in Siberia in winter.
Windwalker
Supporter

Return to Events